The Book of Big Bash

Started by Fabulous Secret Powers, October 18, 2024, 12:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabulous Secret Powers

Kanön Hray 18th, IY 7788

Marcellus sure loves coming up with new games! First it involved a board, now it's a deck with way too many cards. What do the games have in common? War! I think making entertainment out of warfare is the favorite pastime of many a warmonger... I tried to think of a gentler moniker, but none came to mind. How strange! Oh well.

The game was far too complicated! I couldn't understand any of it... I also don't know why anyone would wish to play as the Sibilant? Give me a Triton deck with a simplified ruleset, thank you very much! And I do mean that, because even though it's overly complex and has way too many rules, there's still a hint of fun in there. Just need to tone it down for ditzy dinguses like me... I'm joking, of course! I'm not a dingus!

But he should tone it down for me, really! And make a Triton deck! Tritons are very neat.

They didn't even finish the game... Oh, he was playing against al-Basri. I was supposed to play against her, but then I saw the cards, and I felt like running right out of there! I guess that was obvious, because Marcellus offered to play in my stead. But, yeah, it took quite long, in fact, it took so long, that folk started gathering for a raid on an orcan encampment in the meantime! Zoturu kept hooting and hollering for the two gamesters to hurry it up! So, on the penultimate (?) round, they just stopped playing and ran off to kill some orcs.

There's something really macabre about all of this!

Fabulous Secret Powers

Kanön Hray 19th, IY 7788

Marcellus' new game is a hit! A direct one, right into the hearts of the Kha'eshi... in a good, non-violent way! They love it, and so do the good peoples of Ephia's Well. I mean "good" in a general sense, because there's very few actually good people around here, and I'm talking about this lack both in terms of morals and competence! I guess it's a very vague sense of generality... Anyhow, now, everyone wants a deck to play this unnamed game, which really should get a name, because just calling it "Marcellus' New Game" is plain ol' weird.

I like watching people play it, even though I've no clue on what is actually happening! I'm sure I'll figure it out after... oh, let's say about ten games. That sounds about right. The commander of that quiet mercenary band kept breathing right on my neck, throughout the first game, though! What a creep!

Anyhow... I feel sorry for poor Richo! He knows a lot about the Disc... probably about both of them... even though he's no astrologer or astronomer or astropoger... What I mean to say, is that he knows a ton, but folk can't understand him? I find him perfectly coherent! I don't know what people's problem is! Do I have to write a dictionary...? Well, not a dictionary, really, since it's all about a differing sentence structure, I suppose.

I don't know what they call books for that, though, so, I'd just call it... "Deciphering Richo: How Listening to the Chosen of Warad Can Change Your Life by Bringing forth Greater Understanding"! Something like that, anyhow. Maybe lose the subtitle, since it's a little long, and bound to lose the interest of people who don't read! Capturing that audience is really important, since if you sell a book to them, they won't complain, because they won't read it.

Fabulous Secret Powers

Kanön Hray 20th, IY 7788

Folk sure had a lot of prisms, yesterday! I weaved the aspecktral magicks about a badjillion gadjillion times... It's hard work, but it pays well. I even managed to get folk their very favorite aspect a few times! What good fortune! Even Richo found a prism... He gave it to me! And through wondrous luck, it gave me one of the aspects that I've been looking for!

Now my mind is filled with ancient lore... Like the tale of Hülya, the Forgetful Maiden, whom caused the Great Fire of Özge's Kitchen, when she forgot to close the door, which led to a rat running in and jumping into the oven, after which it skittered all around, setting everything ablaze! Always shut the kitchen door!

Anyhow... Kedra wields the power of Pure Sound! It's mighty peculiar, and spooky! She frightened me twice by using her great powers irresponsibly... I'm going to run the other way if I hear her reciting a spell in my vicinity. I don't want to go deaf, because then I couldn't hear birdsong, ever again! Oh, what a dreadful thought... Though some birds are awful squawkers. Like gulls! They should shut up, and stop eyeing my food... It's for me and my friends, and gulls are no friend of mine! So far, anyhow.

Oh, and Nibb's back... He teleported into town from the nether... which is probably the Sandstone's basement. He was acting a tad peculiar? He was mighty annoyed with his floppy hat. I think he threw it into the trash, or just gave it to someone? I'm not sure. It was a very goofy hat, but I think you should be more responsible with haberdashery, and give them to a good home when you no longer like them.

Fabulous Secret Powers

Kanön Hray 21st, IY 7788

Most gnomes are obsessed with badgers, gemstones and mushrooms, but I met one who's bewitched by spikes! He loves them, and bedecks himself with them all over. It's mighty peculiar, but he's a gnome, so... If he wasn't peculiar, that'd be far stranger. To me, such a fixation seems like a whole lot of trouble... Like, it becomes second nature to such an extent, that you try rubbing your shoulder after a particularly strenuous range of calisthenics, and you end up impaling your palm upon a big ol' spike! Yeowch!

Speaking of spikes, Ashür was taking a nap in the Plaza, and someone surrounded him with spiky barricades...? I tried to get help for him, but when I came back after making a bellow, they were gone? What a peculiar prank to pull! I don't think it was that gnome, though, ever the pranksters as his people might be... After all, that'd have meant that he would be giving up his beloved spikes, so, it wouldn't make much sense. Anyhow, napping in the Plaza seems dangerous, and is one of the reasons why Jamileh's hair doubles as a flophouse for impoverished lice.

What else? Oh, Kedra and Selwyn are at that experimental stage of their lives, so, they were trying a bunch of strange shit in the Krak's sparring ring. Kedra was shrieking at the top of her lungs by way of mysterious magicks, to see if it hurt Selwyn's statuesque form, which was like that only in the sense that they looked as if someone had dropped a bucket of plaster all over them. I didn't really get it, and I continue not to.