To Azim Arafat

Started by Runic, October 12, 2024, 10:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

[A parchment, delivered by messenger scribe.]

Hakem Azim,

A copy. As requested.

" As I understand, it is the Soldier Zoturu who has been destroying the braziers at the shrine. I will draw my ire upon him, and the arm of the law brandished. However, that is not the reason I write to you. It is by tenet of faith, both mine and yours, that I must write this sorrowful tale.

As an Izdur, to lose pieces of history is a grave crime, for we must chronicle the past to learn for the future. As a Waradim, it is said to spurn the bandit and deny the thief. Thus I write of troubling news that has reached me about two members of the Synod. The Kulamet; Ash-Talker and Ashur. I have heard that recently they have been assailing archaeologists over their 'disturbance of the ash'. They demanded of these archaeologists a 'tax', and when they were not paid such, they assailed and robbed these individuals.

Later, when the archaeologists returned, they questioned a Nadiri on this. These men had completed the task of becoming licensed and performing of their duties in accordance with their licensing. When the Nadiri said they would look into the matter, Ash-Talker did threaten the Nadiri, stating that they should quote; "Watch where they walk".

I ask you, as a sitting member of the Synod, to raise these concerns and if necessary to spurn these men should they continue these practises. It looks poorly of the Synod to not address this.

Lamp light your way.

Le Clercq. "