Dear Selwyn

Started by Hierophant, October 12, 2024, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

Dear Selwyn,

We have crossed one another's path more times than I can count by now, but only recently have we become friends. The truth of the matter is, I have enjoyed our brief adventures together immensely. So I write this with a heavy heart.

Bras clearly means a great deal to you but I am weary of the self-righteous. He will only break your heart, just as my own actions have brought you no great comfort. You are a Nadiri. As your Master, Zol Nur, focuses his sights on Bet Nappahi, so too should you.

There are greater and more paramount things at stake, and your friend I am sorry to say has made his bed. I cannot abandon my duty both as an Agasian and as a Recluta now, for it is the Cinquefoil Rose I aim to cleanse of its rot, and I am not going to let pompous, wishful-to-be knights judge me unworthy of a banner that was theirs to water, and yet has been theirs to bring ruin and shame upon.

It will not be easy, following this path, but not all pure hearts find a happy ending. We must set things right for ourselves, and while the dream of lush Bel-Ishun is a heartwarming one, I know that I shall be long dead before such comes to fruition.

We have only truly been friends for a few days, in reality. I have a caring soul, but perhaps it is time I close that chapter of my life and focus on what I returned to Ephia's Well for. Ere long I have been locked in battle with my mind, and with obstacles set by mine own hands, and ere long I have struggled to maintain a balance of what is good, what is right, and what is necessary.

You'll probably read over this letter and say to yourself, what a fool! Why didn't you go your own path? You chose to hunt Bras! I can say this much. Bras is a zealot whose God is cruel and knows a humble bed with one eye open always. He is exactly where he wants to be, and where his God seeks him to be. I tell you this now, for while our friendship is fleeting for my own pursuits that I cannot quite shake, I do care for you. Please, focus on your studies and aid Zol Nur as best you can. Distract yourself with work and cease allowing your heart to tug you back and forth between the throes of hardship, sadness and responsibilities that should not be yours to bear, nor burdens for you to carry upon other's sake.

I am tired, Selwyn. Thank you for your company, but the road an Agasian walks is a lonely one. My brother and sister remain in the lovesick lullaby of the Balladeers and the spell placed upon them by the Sibylline Sisterhood, and I must honor my father's memory, and free them from its doom. Hate me if you must, but I shall no longer hate myself. I follow my heart, and for now, orders. Because they know the Sisters are false, too. They know the Balladeers are weak. They are what keep this Rose together, and what keep it from wilting.

They do what has to be done, so the Balladeers can play the hero

They do what has to be done, so the Sisters can play their politics

I'm a warrior, and I'm exactly where I need to be

I'm sorry

Alaric
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?