Letter to Qari

Started by NeedForGreed, September 07, 2024, 12:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedForGreed

QuoteTo signore Qari Alriyh,

I have heard you are back in town, and have been dealing with an illness in the family. You have my deepest condolences, though I am even more glad to hear that they are recovering. My cousin has been similarly pulled away by illness from his own side of the family - I know well the difficulty it can be.

Much has changed, and much has not changed at all, since your departure. I am eager to catch up in person, though I will be busy with my own patients and preparations for much of the rest of the day.

You will find the current election climate amusing, no doubt - much of what you told me of my old League I have come to see with my own eyes. While I am not sold on the Gold League entirely, I am giving it a chance for now and advocating for compromises and against the destructive attitudes of some of those who remain. Your own League meanwhile has grown much recently, with a groundswell of support from new business owners. I am hopeful for its success in this election, as strange as that sounds. I am supporting the Gold ticket in this election.

The matter of my faith has been one of frequent discussion - both support and hate, but kindness by and large. I am working on a public hospital to provide beds and long-term care for the wounded, which has recently finished funding and should be opening soon! The Hakem Tariq has been a great support and we hope to work on the project together. He has taught me a great deal about your Twindari, and though your people's views on death remain difficult for me to understand, I am working to build a foundation of greater respect and peace with my people and those of the Wheel. I pray that our people flourish together.

I miss our old conversations, and hope we might continue them again soon. They were exceptionally educational.

Wishing you and your family well,
Fiordelise Foscari