Return Wormsight Spell - add Bonus Feat: Blind Fight to it

Started by Ser Shroom, August 15, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Shroom

So this was at one time the druid ganking spell go-to. I understand entirely why it was removed initially.

Though the server has moved on a lot since then. I'm suggesting re-enabling the Wormsight spell, and putting it at Wizard/Sorcerer 4, Druid 4, Cleric 4, Astrologian 4. Have it offer see invisibility, as it used to. And rather than giving ultravision as it used to (which is worthless now), I thought perhaps it could offer Bonus Feat: Blind Fight if possible for the duration of the spell.

It's shamelessly a nice QoL improvement for necro-wizards, permitting them access to see invisibility at the cost of a very valuable spell slot. And it's also nice for questing generally. Again, giving up a valuable spell slot for casters in exchange for providing some useful bonuses on certain quests. It may even make blind fight feat less of a 'must have' pick for most classes, if you can gain access to it via this spell.

(The original spell write-up)

Wormsight
Caster Level(s): Druid 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Innate Level: 3
School: Transmutation
Descriptor(s):
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect / Target: Single
Duration: 1 Turn / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: Harmless
Spell Resistance: No

The target can sense tremors in the earth, allowing them to fight in darkness and detect invisible creatures.

Providence

Although shamelessly self-serving for Wiggyboy, I really think the idea has some (a lot!) of merit.
As a notorious Blind Fight neglecter, this would be very useful for all my PCs...

I mean, for everyone!

TheAbyssalSight

I want to bump this, necromancers are already difficult to play. Often will live a life in exile or soon to be, with the return of wormsight it will give them that sense of security from being ganked from invisibility. It would just be nice to have something when you lose divination for such a risky character.

Succor

Just add a special House of Baharu trinket that gives a True Seeing 1/day.

"Eye of Baharu."