[Scribes of the Palatial Pyramid] (DM/PC)

Started by Pandip, July 30, 2024, 04:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

Chief Scribe Frederica Ashbury, subordinates, and associates --

The affair at the last Assembly allotment was unacceptable, so allow me to elucidate the matter on behalf of the Grandmaster so that you can make it exceptionally clear in your files, processes, and procedures:

The Banda Rossa does not determine the distribution of the allotment to the Cinquefoil Rose. It certainly does not do so through the will of an upstart Balestriere.

The allotment is given to the Cinquefoil Rose and funneled through to its petals at the Grandmaster's behest. As Lyrist, I speak for the Grandmaster. The Banda Rossa do not.

In future, the Balladeers shall be the exclusive and final word on these issues.

I would appreciate you making this matter exceptionally clear to your staff so that we do not experience a circumstance as egregious as we did the other day.

Thank you, as ever, for your diligence and work.

    -- Aubrey Domergue
       Lyrist of the Lost Hearth
       

Runic

Lyrist Domergue,

We of the Sublime Garden thank you for this letter to aid in further clarifying clerical standards in the future. We are willing to accept these terms, but they come with terms of our own. We are shrewd bureaucrats, and thus, time is very important to us. The sooner allotments are handled, the sooner we can get back to our many other clerical duties.

We can appreciate that the allotment meetings may be long and irksome. However, if the Balladeers of the Lost Hearth are to be the arbitrators of the Grandmaster's will, then we'd ask that a member of your order ranked Balladeer or higher must be present to arbitrate the split. We cannot have a repeat of last time with all your members storming out at various stages. We would have deferred to the Sibylline Vine, had they also not left the chamber. Also, for matter of record keeping, while the idea was proposed by the Balestriere, it was signed off and sanctioned by the Condottiero.

For disclosure: we are asking a ranking of Balladeer of higher to ensure a Student is not unduly punished for mishandling the split. If you feel a Student can be entrusted with this duty, you may simply inform us of such.

If this can be agreed on, then the Scribes of the Sublime Gardens will have no issues with enforcing it.

Your cordially,
Jaecop de Clercq
Scribe of the Sublime Gardens

Pandip

If the allotments are scheduled in a time manageable by the Balladeers, we are ever happy to attend.

In circumstances in which this is not tenable, I will ensure a Balladeer finds a senior scribe or legate after the assembly in a timely manner.

    -- Aubrey Domergue
       Lyrist of the Lost Hearth