Improved Fourth Legion Armors

Started by putrid_plum, July 11, 2024, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

My suggestion is to give all the armor types +1 ac at least.

The reasoning is that they are a faction involved usually heavy in PvP conflict.  Also it is a faction so some reward / incentive should be there.  Their armors are massive downgrades.  I understand you get perks for joining in the RP sense.

It's odd to me the Banda and Balladeers can wear all the elite quest armor and just dye it at association level.  They can even wear helmets and such.  While also getting RP perks of the faction.

Sergeant armors already have far more perks / bonus over the default.  There's a very large gap I feel.

Even the college armors have +1 and are really really nice and that's a basically community college.

I love cats

I think the slightly inferior armor is to account for the vast legal authority they have. Also Sergeant is not a difficult rank to get I would say keep the half plate or go full v1 old school and let them wear chainmail and chain shirts. 

Nikolaz

I don't think legal authority should have a bearing on quality of armor.

But I do think people who find and buy their own equipment having an edge over standard issue stuff you can get day 1 signing up is fine.

Perhaps a +1 reinforced uniform available in the specialty store could work? But I know designing more equipment is annoying so perhaps that isn't ideal.

Could cost like, 500-1000 favors, sergeants and what not could help outfit ppl if they trust in them sticking around.

Similarly could have a cloak with 1 reflex save and a helmet with 1/day ultravision or even see invisibility, otherwise the same as the standard but 'masterwork'

caesaropapist

i will say i do feel like a lot of the faction inventories feel quite barren w/ regards to the stores, after the removal of potion extenders and otherwise. but the janissaries also have some of the best to access, and -- really, where do you even get +1 ac full plate in v6? i think it just doesn't exist as far as i've seen, and i don't think standard jannie uniforms are the place it should start

Nikolaz

The janissary uniforms don't have full plates.

putrid_plum

Also in regards to 'faction RP power' the Rose hold the power over pretty much all questing.  Thats immense IC and OOC.

Anyways.  My point might be to rebalance the other factions basic gear if not boosting the Fourth Legions?  Though that seems like a backwards step.

VanillaPudding

I think this was discussed in discord a few times with the idea being that more factions, or at least janissary, would be able to just do the same thing the rose does soon enough.

Ziya

Please do give the 4th Legion stronger loot - of all the factions they probably do need it the most, as they may have to PVP fairly frequently and have a job to do. They should really have access to FP too.