To Director Ariette Gildebrand, Gohari Heavy Industries [DM]

Started by Walrus Warwagon, June 14, 2024, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walrus Warwagon

Director Gildebrand,

Your announcement of the hiring drive did not pass me by.

My name is Cogsworth Clockhand, a clockmaker from the old city, and I am interested in your company. I firmly believe that behind any exemplary engineering lies the principles of clockwork.

I am skilled in the disciplines of spellcraft and engineering, specifically in the applied science of arcane engineering, with a specialization in temporal mechanics.

My wizardry education stems from a family background where the life of a clockmaker in the old city was often a life on the run. As you can imagine, such circumstances allowed a talented individual to accumulate a wealth of knowledge and practical experience in a ways not normally available to just apprentices.

I recently graduated from the local Sandstone College, though it is not a place of particular renown. I am deeply critical of the institution's mishandling of education and mainly utilized it for access to recent academic materials. I seek a supplementary position as a professor there, both to enhance my prestige and that of the college, which currently lacks both prestige and a professor in my disciplines.

I have authored a singular but substantial publication: "Liber Ritualium: Engineering of Ritual Magic," which I consider fundamental and necessary in its field.

Additionally, I am collaborating with competent bodies on the details of a wartime-related government contract, which has been progressing successfully.

For the specifics of my proposal:

I own a small laboratory, or rather a workshop, in Palm Heights.
    I offer my services and expertise to your company as a consultant and would permit the property to be used as an office for planning and overseeing construction and assembly.
    In return, you will provide a modest grant and engineering equipment to render this workshop operational for our mutual benefit.
    Should our collaboration prove fruitful, we can discuss permanent employment.

I trust you will find these terms agreeable and eagerly await your response or counter-proposal.

Sincerely,

Cogsworth Clockhand

[Circular namesign]