Move Hives to Upper board

Started by I love cats, June 13, 2024, 03:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love cats

Move Hives to the Upper Board it is way too easy even at level 8. It cannot be justified as a max level 9.

Providence

Problem with that is that there is already a bit of a lack of variety in the "Bottom Board" pool and players just breaking into those quests do need one that is a bit easier than the others so they can get used to the difficulty jump or recover from a death/loss.

That said I don't think it's the worst idea. I find it a bit annoying how it gets spammed because it's the only one people are confident about (and Scorpioids for the 3000 potions.)

putrid_plum

It's ok some quests are easy and some are hard.  You can do max 9 quest at lower levels too.

Perhaps one day DMs will revamp quests to change them a bit.  Who knows. 

Ramc

We have Hives on the upper board at home.

It's called Pit of Sacrifice.

Fuzz

Quote from: Ramc on June 14, 2024, 01:13:53 PMWe have Hives on the upper board at home.

It's called Pit of Sacrifice.

This.

zerotje

In terms of difficulty you're right, it's a piss-easy quest. But if it didn't exist there'd be even less lowerboard trains and there's so few already.

Damien

We should move all quests to upper board because we need to restore honor and its all dweeb

StellarNebula

Sprinkle in a few spellcaster enemies here and there, that'll keep people on their toes again

Whyleth

I think the gap between the max 9's and the max 10's is alright actually.
The reward from Hives reflects how easy it is, and I believe that is enough.
You still need quests in that category that help return supply but still with supply spent.
I do think some of the less visited max 8's should become max 9's if anything.

Ramc

Ice drakes max 9...

...Warring with the clans max 10 for the war...

Whyleth

I think Ice Drakes, Eratication, Along the Watchtower and a few others are probably good candidates that could be moved to max 9 for a sort of more consistent pool of max 8's.

These are just examples as I have been told many times IC'ly to avoid some of these options for one reason or another.