Rur Aksa

Started by Oskar Maxon, May 19, 2024, 10:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oskar Maxon

Hi,
I really should have done this some time ago as it's now already quite a while since I was logged in.

Real life caught up with me so that I've not been able to devote the time necessary to continue playing Rur.

I'm posting mostly just to express my gratitude to both fellow players and DMs who made this stint of efu, as it always is, a wonderful experience. I've really appreciated the interactions and the support.

The basic premise of Rur Aksa was to explore the intersection of stonefolk cultural dislike of violence with the brutality of the paladin oath of the headsman. I tried to be as literal in interpretation of the oath as possible, taking to weapon only against evil foes, rather wrestling the wolf come only to hunt for food. Urazzari teachings say to stone the sinner, hence in the same manner the choice of weapon fell to the (stone) maul.

From there I had not planned where to go, and interactions and exploration of philosophy from the outlook of the alien stonefolk mindset brought me through the game world. Progress and influence on a larger scale was sometime slow, but present through that was the conversations and interactions, making such symptomatic to the character and his development, rather than detrimental to the experience. I truly cherished the experience, and all of you for being part of it.

I'll be back with something else, sometime! The efu itch is growing even as I write this, and I hope sooner rather than later I'll find the time to spare for this world.