Journal of Andvari Lawcleaver

Started by I love cats, October 19, 2023, 09:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love cats

Be the duty of the dwarves to honor their ancestors stick to the family trade. Every Lawcleaver has been in law enforcement or guard duty of some sort going back to the days of Kulkund. I will not disgrace myself by abandoning my trade.  My kin live in squalor in the Tablet there is nothing to guard or police there. Many of me kin tell me the city is anarchy and that the legion and government are useless for order I disagree. The fourth legion is something, incompetance, corruption, idiocy. I have been following some very stupid orders and in every report noting the idiot who gave me the order to justify why the utterly moronic action was the one I took. One of my comrades went full thousand clans Orc and rushed a mob that vastly outnumbered them. My Sergeant rather than do a prisoner exchange went out and tried to search an armed and enspelled mob. I"ll keep at my own initiatives and serving competantly. Assuming I do not get killed following another of his psychoticaly moronic illegal directions I should be able to get to the same rank as him.

This Legate Domhall essentialy declared Brooking legal at his farce of a trial acknowledging all of my accusations were proven correct. These humans know nothing of governance or law. 

I love cats

I finally was able to see the halls of my forefathers. Although it was not a home so returned to but a battlefield. I saw to it that a Lawcleaver was finally in Kulkund to Lawcleaver. Not since my grandfather Gloinar has a Lawcleaver done such.

I love cats

So damn stupid and annoying. It should not take 10 years for the legion or the Well to figure out that imprisoning brookers is pointless. I wonder if our Sultan's prisons in Bazeel are so unwarned any idiot mage arrested can escape them. Somehow I doubt it.  Apparantly this idiocy has happened twice before and my predecessors all have the intelligence of Ogres and were unable to solve this problem. So it falls on to me to fix 10 years of fuck ups.

I love cats

Some of the biggest opponents to the legion being competent or able to do its job comes from the legion itself. I am having to inform a subordinate that armies need money to buy things.  The amount  of people with kore money than our treasury is an embarrassment. If I had not shown up Ludovich would have run us into the ground. For reasons unknown we do not enlist mages. That would only improve our ability as a fighting force. I know not if this is a result of the curse, tradition, incompetence or a very foolish agreement made with the accord to make us less competent.

For too long have the legion been weak and it shows in our allotments of us getting the least amount. I will correct this.

I love cats

Qari is like a really bad poker player who is obviously bluffing. He acts like he has the best hand but everyone at the table knows he has absolutely nothing.

I love cats

Legate Saenus, these Nadiri whose intellect and mastery of the arcane are less than thousand clans and the Balladeers annoy me more than anyone. I am convinced they may be the dumbest people I have to interact with in my job.