Velan Volandis and the Rod of Domination

Started by A Nony Mouse, September 28, 2023, 12:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Nony Mouse

VELAN VOLANDIS and the ROD of DOMINATION

About the plaza of Ephia's Well the Moon shown bright and the town criers hawked their newspapers.

"READ all ABOUT it! THROATER goes down HARD! THROATED by TEN Banda Rossa and Janissary ONE after the OTHER!"

"What a way to go." mused a hero, walking by on his way to the Pyramid. Such is the life of Velan Volandis, though, that whenever one challenge was spent, another would rise up in his path. On he went, to the Legate's office, dashing dashingly, hair swirling in the night breeze.

"We have a problem, Velan Volandis." said the Legate Marcellus after a manful round of greetings and embraces. "During the Silibant War, during our parley with the Orcs, I had a... private diplomatic interlude with one of their chieftains, Iakmes. And after a long, hard night of negotiations I gave him our Scroll of Domination."

"Oh," the Elven hero inquired with a teasing smile, "The one with all the... illustrations?"

"The very same." the muscularly bearded Legate's tone was grim, "He has used the techniques therein to craft a magic rod. And I fear that so long as that hard rod is firm in his grasp he will use it to mercilessly dominate the other tribes, pounding down their resistance until he unleashes a great sweaty torrent of orcs upon the well. Can you imagine it?"

"Wow." Velan Volandis flushed in ardent attention.

Just then an elf burst into the room, a dashing Hin scribe on her heels! In her hand she held a harp. It was Narwen!

"Marcellus! We figured it out!" the young elf cried emphatically, "After the old banner? We need a new banner. A better banner. One with you kissing on it. So when the orcs send us a banner back, it has them kissing on it. We have to do this Marcellus. The well -needs- that banner."

The Hin scribe pounded a fist into his own palm handsomely, "Yeah!"

Velan Volandis furrowed his brow intriguingly, "A fascinating proposal. And this will help stop the war?"

Narwen blinked, "War? What war?" she and the scribe looked around the room, "Oh was this a meeting about something?" She strummed her harp for emphasis, "No we just have to do this."

Marcellus nodded, "I will get our top scribes on this to model it, but Velan Volandis, I need your legendary blade. You must seize Iakmes' great rod for the good of the Well, lest all the people of it be put in bondage."

The dashing Elven hero nodded heroically, "Fear not, Legate for I will get my hardest Balladeer- Aurelio- and we shall penetrate deep in the Nusrum. We will get both of our hands on Iakmes' legendary rod. And then we will see whom dominates whom."

And with that Velan Volandis dashed out of the office and off to adventure, leaving the bewildered crowd behind. The Hin scribe cupped his hands about his mouth and yelled after, "We can model for the banner later, okay?"

With a thumbs up in response over his shoulder, Velan Volandis was off.

TO BE CONTINUED...