To Lieutenant Vardgul, Janissary Garrison (DM)

Started by Walrus Warwagon, February 14, 2023, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walrus Warwagon

Leutenant.

Following your word, and keeping mine, here is the notes I've taken on a topic of recruitment.

There is not much, as I am just beginning to learn about history of this place and all that is linked ot it, including the Fourth Legion. Suffice it to say, I hope to conduct a deeper, more detailed review in the future.

As of now, I ask for you permission to keep these notes in my research notebook.

With due respect,
Jagger Riverstone,
Licensed Archeologist

Notes affixed to the letter by a bronze paperclip:

Quote from: Walrus Warwagon on February 14, 2023, 08:57:42 PM
"Traditions of Fourth legions. A topic researched, no doubt, but it is incredibly difficult to find literature on it. Most of Legion's history and rituals is kept well within.
By reference of Lieutenant Vardgul, traditions of the Legion is preserved by historians. Yes, even a military organization like their involves scholarship and preservation of knowledge. I was overjoyed to learn about it, as it gives me a hope of future collaboration.

As for their recruitment - a process is as harsh as it should be. A single flaw they spot, a single misstep will get you excluded out of recruitment process. You humble author partook in it out of curiosity and has been rejected almost immediately for the same curiosity. There is, indeed, a time and a place to ask a question. A good lesson.

Main demand to the recruit, again, reasonably so, is ability to both understand and follow orders. Attention, physical capabilities, character, skill in combat, all is tested. Your strong sides is tested. IF you pass the previous tests - expect to then test your mettle against other recruits. Some would say it's a test of personal strange. But I believe that true intent of this uphill battle (quite literal) was to test the ability of candidate to work in a team.

Truly, a topic worthy of deeper research.

"

Halfbrood

Riverstone,

This has my approval. A fine drawing, as well.

Lieutenant Varghul Skarn
Sultan's Janissaries, 4th Legion