Argent Argyris

Started by Moonlighter, October 06, 2024, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonlighter

A ledger, simply labeled "Kanon Hray Election" is delivered to The Dragon's office...

Dragon,

I understand you will not be paying for my vote.

Alas, it is something of a hostage situation, considering the other two parties want to kill me.

Figured I'd do some due diligence here and give you my projections for this election.

M.R.

big metal rod

This is received... a meeting follows..

Moonlighter

Another letter.

Dragon,

If it was not obvious, I do still wish to the Warmaster!

A Recluta told me you said I didn't want it anymore, so I am writing this letter to clarify.

I'm not sure if I lied to you and said I don't want it anymore (I did this to many of Ahmet's supporters so they would not campaign on keeping me out of the position) or if you are lying but I thought I'd clarify in case you were otherwise unaware.

I do not just want it, even. I need it. The Great Serdar and La Capitana both await the day I seize hold of this war with baited breath.

M.R.

big metal rod

Condottiero,

Talks are underway.  With the Priory Man in the other throne, it will be difficult to achieve what you wish.  Still I will make an earnest effort.

Whatever comes of this will advance our mutual ends profoundly.

-Argent 

Moonlighter

Another letter.

Dragon!

I've heard about Ahmet's pickle.

So many things he wants, and with so little leverage over you to get them.

People breathing down his neck, making demands of him, demands that he passes on to you, and that you rebuff.

Because he will not give you anything for it.

I also know of your liquidity issues. Recent times have been kind to my purse, and I am willing to relieve you of it, somewhat!

Five thousand dinari up front, and another ten if I take the seat.

Make me Warmaster, and in exchange, give him something he wants.

If he doesn't take it, you just made a free five thousand dinari. If he does, then you get another ten to help you cover your investments and debts.

This is a limited window of opportunity. It might not even work. But we do not have much time.

M.R.

big metal rod

M.

Send someone along with the money.

-A