[An open letter to the Synod]

Started by One_With_Nature, October 07, 2024, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

Many of you have heard my bellows, some we have spoken in person, but allow me to clarify my position as I do no wish to cause undue conflict. During the gathering of the Synod, it was decided that it was appropriate for former Hakem Tariq Salah to hold the seat of the Martyr's, so I did not speak as per the rules of the Synod, and shared my thoughts in a respectful whisper.

It is the rule of the Synod that has since been discussed by Aurelio, Azim and Tariq that only a priest or cleric of the faith may hold the title of Hakem, which each now wish to amend from a meeting between themselves and not during the gathering of the Synod. I have also spoke with Khalid of Warad, who I understand was present at the conception of the Synod, to seek his wisdom in this matter and my understanding is thus:

- Only a cleric or priest may sit as Hakem, their connection to the gods the qualification that permits them to sit as Hakem, the leader whom all other speakers of the faith look to for guidance.

- To be chosen as Hakem the majority of the Synod must agree on their appointment, this means at least 5 of 8 seats. A vote not cast does not count as support for a candidate. So a vote of 3 for one candidate, 2 for another and 3 abstained or not present IS NOT a majority.

This is what we meet to discuss. But also on another matter, which is apparently a controversial view, though I know not why, that Oathsworn Paladins do not hold the spark of the divine, they do not interpret the will of the gods and hence they are not qualified to lead the faithful as their Hakem, just as it is written and intended.

I do not question the faith or conviction of an Oathsworn, nor their duty on their personal quest, or holy quest but it is NOT their duty to lead the faithful, that is the role of a speaker, as it always has been, as it always shall be. Consider these words, and let us engage in debate at the reconvening of the Synod.

-Signed
Witness Scribe Ekmel Fonzuvi, Speaker of the Martyr's