Add a clickable transition in the Kulkund Caravan area.

Started by Egon the Monkey, October 07, 2024, 08:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

There's a placeable transition that goes between the Kulkund Caves and the area with the caravan to Mt. Kulkund. Twice, yesterday, I followed it one step behind the rest of my party, but loaded a bit slow. I immediately spawned inside a mob of 8 orcs, with my party nowhere to be seen. I noted the 'warning, nearby enemies' ping, but the first time assumed that was just 'a nearby fight'. Not 'you will enter surrounded and in melee range'. After being one-round fugued by a succession of crits and a fireball, the second time I just invised first.

Given that there's only one exit to the caravan, you have to use this transition. Given the sheer deadliness of 'being in instant solo melee and fireball range of an entire encounter', I think this area needs a roadblock of some sort to stop the mobs reaching that transition. So, a stream with a crossing point placeable or something. The mobs rove all over the place due to fighting each other, and so this is the first time I've got Transition Cubed this hard in V6. Generally the area design's been really good and avoided it.