A letter to both Legates

Started by WriterX, October 05, 2024, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WriterX

Legates,

I write to you not as a man hungry for power or influence. Not as somebody who'd wish to take the honor of the seat of Warmaster from a man who has already done much for the Well and its people. I do not wish to sound a schemer, or a tyrant, nor can I fully consider myself the right man for such a position.

However, as some have suggested I would wish to propose myself as the Warmaster for our Well. The intense hatred between the Janissaries and the Banda, the conflict between their members, it all may spill out into the battle, though I do hope it shall not.

Colmes while present on occasion has at the same time been often absent, difficult to get a hold of. I have often been present in the Well, and while I also know I am not on the best of terms with all in the Well I do have a few simple desires.

I wish for us to be victorious, and I wish to avoid as many losses as we can.

It was my desire to try and rally our own people before the march through the Scald, to fund and equip them, supply them, but then I wondered, along with those suggestions, whether I would not do more good were I in command.

Whether we would succeed or not with me at the helm, only the gods know, but if you deem it necessary to find a new Warmaster, somebody to lead the war to its conclusion at this stage, I would propose my own candidacy.

It would perhaps restore some of the peace to the Well, if the two most dominant powers in the City would be unable to quarrel with one another for this seat.

Axes high,

Marcellus Saenus

big metal rod

Marc,

You already know that you shall have my full blessing and support.  Provided you take counsel from the Accord, and judge as wisely as you ever do, I will make you the Warmaster.

-Argent