[Rennik Colmes] A Letter Concerning the Kha'eshi Arena

Started by Thaldrac, September 05, 2024, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaldrac

Dear Lieutenant Colmes1,

I hope this letter finds you well. I do not think we have ever had the pleasure of meeting, though I have assisted your Sergeants and soldiers on numerous occasions - I am Haluin2, Student in the halls of the Lost Hearth. Take this letter as an expression of interest in participating in the soon-to-be arena of Kha'esh, if you have not yet firmly picked the six.3.

What are my credentials, I hear you silently ask? I am a rather accomplished duellist with sabre and bow, of sound tactical mind when it comes to approaching difficult problems, and suitably equipped for such an endeavour4. Most importantly - it is expected. Dear Aurelio is still in solitary meditation to my knowledge, and it would likely be expected from him for one of his own Students to bear his will in championing the Well's cause - namely, mineself.  If you are in doubt, you may ask around to check, but I am sure you will hear much the same as has been writ, in a verbal echo.

Do not feel the pressing need to respond directly to this letter, unless it is to warn me in advance to be prepared - I shall likely turn up on the eve ready regardless, in case. Do pass on my regards to dear Carrot if you spy him before I, or perhaps I shall ask him to pass my regards on to you!

Always the Well's,
Haluin

1Or is it Warmaster? Pick your poison.
2You may, of course, call me Hal. I insist.
3Rather delayed, I know. I have been caught up in so many matters of djinni investigation on behalf of dear Grimes.
4And incredibly good looking.

Blue41

Haluin,

Grimes speaks well of you. Happy to add you to the list.

Lt. R. Colmes
Warmaster