[Module Addition] Halls of Alchemy, Tinkering, Church, etc.

Started by 1dboy, September 09, 2024, 03:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1dboy

I think it would be a good idea to revive the Ticker Square addition, where PCs could own a particular spot that had a special boon for ownership. These areas are often utilized to push agendas and plots, and I think they fit in to the theme of v6, of having areas built / established to create minor factions.

While the idea of properties handle that nicely, the Merchant Hall is a perfect example of what I'm talking about; it's an area that can expand into a completely player run shop. The same can be done for a variety of things, such as...

The Thieves Den: An additional spot in the Creep that provides a small favor store for trading in dinar for favor to acquire potions at a cheaper cost, tools of the trade, and a gambling system of donating 1000 dinar for a chance at good/bad items. It also has the old gambling systems, like roulette.

The Church: An abandoned church on the north side of Ephia's Well, which can be tailored to any of the Wheel's faith (or a conniving Pilot Priest), which has an altar of 1/reset prayer that gives a small boon for that reset, a place to rest, and pews with a podium for speeches to be made.

The Winery: A bit more of an expansion on the cooking area in the Souk, it provides access to a different collection of wines and brews, as well as a few 1/day random collectibles to provide recipes for cooking.

The Hexologists' Platform: On the rooftops of Ephia's Well is a coeterie of magi and students, astronomers and other learned people who gather together to partake in alchemical and herbalist experiments, providing 1/day access to alchemist / herbalist items, a rest area, and 1/day hints of astrological lore.

The Tinkerer's Closet: A hidden away spot near the Unionhouse (where the Property -1 is located), this leads away to a den of machinists who partake in *legal* tinkering and engineering, providing access to 1/day uncommon and above schematics, as well as a crafting table, along with 1/day hints of tinkering lore.

These are just the few ideas I had. I think there should be an ownership cost of running these things (as they were in Ticker, I believe people had to pay rent/week). Enabling the players to partake in more of these things with 'special perks' allows them to build more credibility to what they're aiming to be, whether it be a cook, alchemist, priest, or elsewise.

The ideas also don't have to be specifically these in nature, but these are the ones that come off my head. Thanks for reading.

Random_White_Guy

All fair ideas, but the one thing I'd say of some concern is the same problem that was ran into of Ticker or like the classic Ponds Cabin where PCs would just kind of "Squat".

In past chapters violence could mitigate that but in v6 I feel like it'd need another layer. Though Bearic's little Outlaw Den at the end of v5 would fit awesome in the Creep vibe.

For the more spots around town - Maybe a perk from the Legate PCs that can permit "Deeds" to cronies or etc? Incentive to keep your guy in power or keep old PCs making new deals with new political PCs or rival factions cutting off access to guild resources, etc.

Or some favor chits the Accord can give out to PC factions who serve as reliable allies and assets.

Though not everything in EFU has to be political/faction tied, it was always such a drag in Ticker Square to see the Herbalism Shop held by someone who wasn't even an herbalist, or things like that just because it was "The one property free".
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips