[To Rennik Colmes, unsigned.]

Started by Vegan_Snickerdoodles, July 29, 2024, 11:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

[A letter finds its way to the garrison. The text is simple, nondescript, and wanting for a signature.]

Lieutenant,

While surely your men will convey these bellows, I thought to relay their precise contents while they were fresh, illegal as they were.

Quote from: Oskrul VaazAs the dead do lack a voice. I am obliged to speak. Lest his turmoil rise up the ash and make more timult. Upon Voss' lips was a final secret. One he did not Bellow in hope his believed patron would save him. It seems, instead, his patron sent mercenaries. And so, I will tell you as Voss told me -

Legate Argent ordered Recluta Voss to kill the tribes-hin Yiti. He ordered it. He demanded it. He paid for it. This - Voss confided to me. I rejoice now to share it, that his soul might yield up the weight. That is might unburden itself towards Mithurtu. Towards peace.

Mirthurtu, Mirthurtu, Mirthurtu, Benedict Voss. You who stared down death so bravely. You who were betrayed, and failed, and roil in indignity at it all. Mirthurtu, Mirthurtu, Mirthurtu.

The Veteran's Vanguard claimed the murderer's bounty immediately after it was raised. The Veteran's Vanguard is under contract from Legate Argent. Profitable for all involved, save the discarded knife-man whose account could not be permitted to spread.

It is surely not the case that Argent had Voss under his command, and arranged the meeting with the Vanguard wherein the Legate's leal employees killed him, cleaning up a loose end for the State's hearty reward, and the Legate's peace of mind.

Imagine a shameless murder conspiracy, naked beneath the Demon in its boldness, in which all with blood on their hands take instruction, as well as coin, from the Legate?

You already knew this, or suspected it, but will you abide it?

Blue41