A journal with a stormcloud on the cover

Started by Octarine, July 21, 2024, 07:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octarine

IY 7788 - Illul 21
---

Dreams are important to Zoe, but I never have understood why, before seeing the Tree. I have never really dreamed, or if I did, I certainly don't remember them. But of the Tree, I will remember.

Of the dream I had the following night, I will remember.

My frog prince was in his throne beside mine. White and resplendent. Colorful retainers flanked the carpet leading up the stairs - impossibly long, and pleasantly winding.

My kingdom was reforged, with such greenery. Happy children leaped from lily to lily, and the choir of their voices rose in croaking crescendo. My prince smiled at me and I at him, and I waved my scepter. Verdant fields were made gilded, ripe with fruits and grains. Fat little rain clouds plodded along a hazy blue sky, and brilliant light flashed on the horizon.

"Hail Calipha! Hail Queen of Frogs! Long may she rain!"

The city buzzed with life and light. Thousands of croaking voices, all for me, and none for thee.

Octarine

As much as I wish to meet you, my Prince. And perhaps it is a kiss that would turn you back to the Royalty that you emulate... But it will not be from these lips.

You were there for me, when I had no friends. Your sound lulled me to sleep. Your tongue kept the flies from my face. I collected things that reminded me of you.

But now that you are collecting me, I fear we must part ways.

I uninvite you, it is time for you to hop to the next swamp, and save a girl who doesn't already have a home and hearth.

Thank you,

But you must go now.

Octarine

It spins and it spins, and it shrinks and it shrinks and it grows and it grows and it sinks and it sinks.

And like cream, it will always rise to the top.

And like cream, it will always turn to ash.

Octarine

[Scratched through the next few pages by a quill retracing the words over and over and over and over again.]

Things don't need to be about you