[A letter for Acolyte Miro]

Started by cmenden, June 23, 2024, 10:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

Dear Miro,

Good work on the People's History so far. I only have a minor note of correction for Act IV.

"And so, one by one, amid the arguments, amid the cheers, amid the howls and the bellows and roars, among the cloaks of White, of the Rose, of the Legion, of the Purple, of the Astronomers, right arms rose as though carried by the wind of a hurricane."

I rather detest this moment, and you are free to describe it as you please, even if I find such florid descriptions somewhat distasteful.

However, not all Astronomers were among the wretched "Hand-raisers" of Kardesler.

I would prefer you either remove the inclusion of the Astronomers from your lineup here or note that Lieutenant Colmes and I both had the sense to object to this mad notion of war that Marcellus had conjured up to distract the populace from his other deficiencies as a ruler.

Regards,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

Erudiche

Estellise Azimi,

It is delightful as always to hear from you. I confess that the People's History, as a work commissioned by the League of White, reflects more of the League's own conception than my own -- I suffer a fondness, I think, for sentiment, but I am sympathetic to those who did not raise their hands. Surely the outcome of the war has given cause for a re-appraisal of your position.

I will revise it as you have requested, however, to reflect the facts as they were. Please do write me if you should have any other objections.

I think you will find, in any case, future Acts to be considerably less generous to Legate Saenus, as the price of his leadership becomes clear.

Regards,
Miro Lac-du-Manse,
Acolyte of the Sibylline Vine
Redemption! Redemption!