Correspondence addressed Gausim al-Marain

Started by Loops, March 06, 2024, 12:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Dear Legate al-Marain,

I write to you today to express my every impression towards your dignity and poise. You showed every part the virtues of courage, temperance, and faith in your commitment besides our mission to make amends and to cleanse the Stele together with the Chamber of Rule. In truth, I know not if you share the value of the virtues with myself and my old order, and yet I wished to pen you these words all the same. Duly impressive and I hope in the future I can make amends far greater than what was broken this last week.

When I was a girl, my mother gifted me a flute. So charmed was I with the thing that I would often sit upon the windowsill at night and play with it as I watched the heavens move overhead. Of course, without exception, the maids would give me a fetching as such was not becoming of a lady. Nevertheless, I cannot help but think back to those days of peace in the highlands and wonder at how much the world has changed but for the passage of time. Of course, I can no longer play the flute, but not for a lack of trying. I find myself wondering if you have ever found yourself taken by music of any kind.

Yours sincerely,

Caddick,
Student of the Balladeers of the Lost Hearth

Random_White_Guy

Student Caddick,

Your words humble me. The teachings of Mother B'aara are profound and at times difficult to explain to the Refugee. There is, at its barest core, a kernel of compassion that resonates in the heart of those who have suffered so long, traveled so far, and endured. That we may bring them peace is the goal. Poor teachers we would be to cast them off, after mistakes such as last week. Though the wounds grievous they may yet be mended.

As for music of Baz'eel it comes in many form. From the raucous piano played Ja'zeel, to the sonorous and melodic horns, to the varied hymn and songs carried by Baz'eelan Choir. Each is unique and yet a truly splendid thing to witness concert. But if we speak of matters of which truly move the heart. The Temples of B'aara circulate the flow of water. It brings with it a varied tune depending upon the temperature of the water, the speed of the flow, and the cadence of the drip.

To sit, listen, it brings an almost meditative quality. Pay visit the Blessed Temple in the Souk for a half hour's time. And perhaps you can get a glimpse of what I mean by such.

Honored Waterbearer Gausim al-Marain
Of The Great Temple of Baz'eel
Legate of the First Seat
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Loops

Dear Legate al-Marain,

Thank you for your reply. In truth, I have wanted to take to the Temple of Mother B'aara often. Yet, as I hope you may understand, there seems to be no end to the intrigues, confrontations, and duties that must be undertaken in Ephia's Well. I also dare to admit that I had hoped my first experience would be at the call to prayer, which I was disappointed to miss the week passed, and hope to make the next.

When we first met, I explained to you my duties given to me by my master in the Cinquefoil Rose. These have become all the more important in the last tenday. It is my honour to inform you that I have been named Balladeer of the Lost Hearth and charged by the Grandmaster Elizabetha d'Auvergne with the duty of restoring honour to our standard, given the betrayals hence that must never be repeated. May we work all the more closely in the times to come.

I hope it is not an imposition, but there is a new arrival in Ephia's Well by the name of Niranye Auvreathil. She is an elven woman and a student of art, who was once saved by the B'aarat in the desert. I have asked her as a part of her studies to make the time to meet you and learn the splendours of Mother B'aara, an irony given my own busy schedule but I hope her company is a good one should she find you.

Yours sincerely,

Caddick
Balladeer of the Lost Hearth

Random_White_Guy

Balladeer,

Firstly may I extend congratulations. Your efforts recognized by many, including your superiors, allows more of your efforts to expand and undertakings pursued. There is still much work to be done but it is good that you rise to the occasion.

As for the Call to Prayer regrettably the Gutter Beast's attacks and ensuring Secular affairs limited such things. It is why though it is raised each week, a routine, like the Sable Cloak itself coming to descend over the Disc in spite of the Demon.

It is no imposition at all for meeting newcomers and refugees, aiding their tutoring, is in no small part why I have been dispatched from The Great Temple to Ephia's Well. I shall endeavor to find her in the coming days but so too I welcome her to the Temple the same to speak with any.

Honored Waterbearer Gausim al-Marain
Of The Great Temple of Baz'eel
Legate of the First Seat
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips