[To Legate Guivarch's Office]

Started by Vegan_Snickerdoodles, December 26, 2023, 05:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

Most Esteemed Comrade of Asterabadian Exchanges Guivarch,

You told me to write letter over bellows, so here is letter. I understand that politics is imperfect game and deals must be made to play it. This I have learned to accept. I see also that you are man of your word with your many appointments. This is very nice, very noble. Did you actually directly promise Cassella Prelate? I spoke to someone and heard otherwise. Did you directly promise Hamdan Magistrate? If you believe they were needed, you could have bought them more cheaply I think.

Vizier I care not about. It is imaginary position that was made up and (hopefully) paid for by him anyway. Magistrate, however, actually matters. Do we not keep something to our ideals that are the entire reason we make unhappy trades?

White League has been obliterated in this election. There is no confidence. There is no base. We have little left to rally to next election. You appear to have turned Balladeers against White. Purple League could not have achieved this thing in ten years of Marcellus. It is ever the duty of White to destroy itself. We need to start taking something back, soon. If the scraps that still remain of my idealism are not enough to move you, then I should perhaps remind you...

Your new pet magistrate threatened to explode the Pyramid with a bomb.

Could this get him arrested for Treason? Probably not! But Janissaries love nothing more than raising excessive charges. People can play along with his costume act for fun, but that Lightdew seems to have no sense of fun at all, and just how many peg-legged morons are there in Ephia's Well? Perhaps the fact that you used the League's narrow survival to appoint a Purple League play-terrorist to Magistrate embarrasses Rosie just enough to cause her to take action before the membership, if this is spoken of enough?

These are, I think, simply things that are reasonable to consider.

If you are agreeable, I would like to speak with you soon about the exact terms of these deals that have been made, and how we can navigate them to do something somewhat related to White principles before our pending massacre in the next election.

Live and Drink!

Akna

Erudiche

Akna,

We will speak. To put a finer point on matters: the Balladeers drove themselves away. I accept no blame for the actions of a pack of drunken fools and simpering manchildren, and indeed pray that a sinkhole should open up beneath their College to spare us all the continued misery of their amateurish schemes.

I have only done what I promised to do, what was necessary for the League to survive. Rosie witnessed all dealings made and objected to none of them, rather promoting what I have done. I acted with the full confidence of the League leadership to prevent Purple domination of our institutions. I have, for our interest, dealt with many who have threatened my life, threatened my imprisonment or torture, assaulted me, slandered me, and so forth -- I have done so willingly, because it was necessary for our League. I will do so again and again if it should prove necessary. I am not perfect, but I have sacrificed greatly and gained little in the pursuit of our common welfare.

The League of White, contrary to your words, is strong, and it will continue to gain in strength. I have seen weakness and its bitter fruits. I have seen Purple-Gold government. I have seen the bodies pile in the streets. I will never allow our League to descend to wretchedness again.

My bitterness and anger, in great part, arises from my frustrating over these matters. I have labored daily and given up my flesh and blood to the League, suffered insult, indignity, and more and then worked with my persecutors. I have made these sacrifices. And yet my League condemns me as a villain, the College slanders me with lies, and no one is willing to offer me even the slightest ounce of faith. The dead-end radicalism of Aubrey Domergue ends in ruin. The idealism which plagues our League ends in Cyrille Monteglas. There is a need for radicals and doers of combat, an urgent need, but there is too a need of pragmatists and functionaries.

I am no hero, nor am I an avenging angel. I am a man fighting desperately to keep this League alive. I will do what is necessary to see this done.

Yours,
Domhnall
Redemption! Redemption!