Announcements - Sightings and Rumours of the Ninth Spoke

Started by Najh-Ra, July 16, 2023, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Najh-Ra

Weeks had passed since the Ephian's banishment of the Ninth Spoke. And save for the rumours of war on the distant horizon, little to nothing was heard from the followers of the Wyrm, until now.

QuoteDM Shout:
An alarm sounds at the Gate of Roses, Balestriere mobilize along the walls..
A heightened presence at the Gate of Roses. Ballistae mounted 'pon the walls in preparation. The Balestriere are on-watch. Numbers of people come and go in a hurry, whispering of violence..

It began with a report of violence just outside the fortified Gate of Roses, soon followed by rumour of abduction.

QuoteSalvatore di Ravioci:
If the search fails to return with the missing, I will take reports from witnesses in the Palace. Anyone who was privy to their -- kidnapping? -- and is not afield should report.

Brave souls began to gather in search of the missing people, some bolder than others. Even speaking of a siege to be led into the 'Dread Rock'?

QuoteMote:
All hands to the Wyrm Cult hideout. They are there enmasse with their victims.

DREAD ROCK, that is.

A search led in vain for it appeared those missing had already returned, and seemingly in good health?

The words they carried back were those of caution, warning against drastic actions taken against the Cult of the Wyrm.

QuoteNathyra Everdance:
Hi! I'm alive! Do not go to that mountain, it is fortified, if you siege it, you will not come back from it alive! I repeat; if you go into there, it's going to be the siege of the Krak des Roses, all over again! Do not go in there!

Word of The Bashmu-Kar was once again spoken by many, rumours of foul deed and a resurgence from the hated Cult of the Wyrm.

Men and women could be seen gathering in the Krak des Roses bearing nervous expression, heading into the College of Balladeers.

... And a flurry of activity soon followed within.

QuoteDM Shout:
A sizable party makes their return to the Gate of Roses. Once more, the accursed name on the tongues of its denizens. 'Bashmu-kar.'

QuoteSalvatore di Ravioci:
Legate. Increasingly dire news for you. Return when you can.

QuoteCosine Mevura:
N-Nonetheless, for your p-peace of mind, Legate Saenas, the Acolyte Amelie h-has returned home a-alive and in st-stable condition.

Debriefing in the C-College of the Balladeers.
Bashmu, Bashmu, Bashmu-kar!

zerotje

A dancing serpent, the magical familiar of Sadiki Khepri, is often spotted in the same corner inside The Creep.

It occasionally ceremoniously rests with it's tail in it's mouth.

A note hangs above the snake's head, on the wall.

BASHMU-KAR OFFER AID TO AMBITIOUS SOULS.
FOR WYRM TIMES THE WYRM TIMES THE WYRM, WE MAY FIX YOUR TROUBLES.
DISCREETLY, REMOVE THE OBSTACLES FROM YOUR PATH.
THEY SHAN'T KNOW YOU ORDERED IT.

SADIKI KHEPRI, CHARMER OF SNAKES.

Najh-Ra

Despite the rumored death of Diakos, the seeming end of a war. The Cult of the Ninth continues to spread its chaos, banished from the Well and holding onto its hatred.

QuoteDM Shout:
A battle in the wastes, the sounds of combat. An alarm sounds from the Gate of Roses..

Balestriere man the walls..

Skirmishes outside the very gate that kept safe the denizens of Ephia's Well.

Spells hurled, blades drawn.. and a message spoken once the blood had soaked the sand.

QuoteNajh-Ra:
Nine have paid the tithe, willing or otherwise. The Wyrm by the Wyrm. Each of them who defied us have paid in blood. And yet.. by our mercy they are returned to your whole and alive.

For the Wyrm rewards those who sate its hunger and honor its name.

QuoteNajh-Ra:
But bleed they will, again and again. Until the Ephians renounce their foolish decrees, and return the Ninth to their prayers.

I was the first to bleed in your ignorant crusade. But still I offer you a chance at piece. Make the Wheel whole again, from the first to the ninth. This is the wisdom I offer you.

More words follow, a record from a scholar who was at their mercy.

QuoteHusam Al-Faruq:
I challenged the Wyrm cultists, and was bested and taken captive. Though I am reluctant to do so, I am bound by my word to share their Priestess' words with the Well.

They have been transcribed and nine copies will be placed around the Well and environs. I cannot believe these words to be true.

QuoteHusam Al-Faruq:
Nor condune them, but they are her words, and they will be shared as such.

Bashmu, Bashmu, Bashmu-kar!