Concealment change....

Started by VanillaPudding, April 16, 2023, 07:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

Change improved invis and Dispalcement to 25% concealment

REMOVE blind fight feat

Why?

It makes lesser concealments actually have an impact.
It removes every (basically) front liner taking blind fight / it being "required"
IT is more balanced  / consistent for PVE content
It is less REQUIRED to take these spells but still nice

Providence

I'm of the opinion that because of the length of v6 quests, II has never been less relevant in all of EfU before. So it might as well stay at 50%.

I also feel like in v6 you don't really need Blind Fight for PvE (though it's nice to have.)

Empress of Neon

Yes please. I'm speaking as someone who's had entire armies of illusionary clones/summons with 50% concealment.

It's overpowered and turns every attack into the flip of a coin.

I much prefer seeing slug-fests/carnage as opposed to every fight feeling like you're dancing with a ghost.

Electrohydra

We talked about it a few times on Discord, but I fully support removing Blind-Fight and nerfing all the higher tiers of concealment to compensate. It's too much of a must-pick feat for some builds, I think it would open up diversity. Also makes Improved Invisibility less required for wizards and sorcerers.

Vlaid

There's a lot of unintended consequences of doing a change that I don't think people who advocate for this change think about beyond the types of PCs they generally like to play. Needless to say I don't think this would be a good change.

And II is far from mandatory as it is, people already swap it out plenty for other 4th level spells often if not most the time.
[url=https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706473.msg747918#msg747918]The Entirely True Legends of Velan Volandis[/url]

putrid_plum

Blind Fighting is not mandatory for any character.  I've played many without it and several were highly involved in PvP / high end questing.  Personally I think it's a tunnel vision of a need to win mind set that people say you NEED to have this feat.