Legate Argent

Started by Dugs, October 12, 2024, 03:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugs

Live, drink

He congratulated him on win, he has heard there was tribulation at Synod, he understands basics, but report is not yet up, even though he has heard a Janissary was present. He asks him to tell Rhuk Nor was has taken place, even though exile has already taken place, knowledge of events, other things to look over are still important, and knowledge on it exile will continue to be threat. Justify this action, save all an arguement.
He had also wondered, many positions upon stele, perhaps that of palatial guardian, some so... something to consider.

Soldier Rhuk Nor.

big metal rod

Soldier Rhuk Nor,

My thanks for your part in our victory.  I will describe the events in brief.

I ventured to the First Wheel to sit with the Synod, seeing an empty chair to represent both the Mother and the Veil.  I attempted to -as is my right as a well-known scheming politician -sit for the chair of the deceiver, Gellema. Several of the speakers acknowledged my right to do this.

Soldier Elara Stormblade was so incensed at my presence that she walked away from the seats.  Then, the halfling Bras (who is supposedly a religious oathsworn) became so angry that someone who is a conniving schemer sat for the God of Schemes he threatened my life and attacked me. 

I had no intention of shedding blood on sacred ground, so I did not fight back.  The Izdur, Vorazol, subdued Bras before he could strike the killing blow.  Bras did not recant his intent.

This is not the first time Soldier Elara has demonstrated an incomplete understanding of Ephian Law.  Namely, she does not comprehend that our laws are divided into: Minor, Serious, and Capital offenses; she has gone on record stating that "All Brooking is a Capital Crime" when the lawbook for ten years has had both Serious and Capital divisions for the offense. 

Soldier Elara intentionally allowed an assassination attempt on a Legate to occur. 
Soldier Elara has proclaimed with witnesses that she will commit extrajudicial killings if a Magsitrate "does not rule justly".

The Sultan's laws do not end at the gates of our Citadel.  What is to be done?

-Argent