Remove the Abandon Quest option from the Quest Tool or make it harder to do

Started by Egon the Monkey, October 05, 2024, 09:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

We just got back from a horribly tough hive run only to find out that someone who'd given up on the quest had hit Abandon Quest five minutes before we could turn it in. As it's now possible for multiple people to do the same quest, can this option simply remove YOU from the quest so that to abandon it you all have to hit Abandon? Otherise someone can OC rob you, in this case of a total of 1200gp and 3600XP between the players if they pick up a quest and change their mind. I'm annoyed because the player in question didn't check we had also given up before doing this.

Vlaid

I talked to the player in question. It was an accident, there was no ill intent. They just thought that we had given up and weren't going to do it, a miscommunication.

We didn't get our 100 gold/xp or whatever but that's how EFU goes sometimes. I would put the blame more on the kind of chaotic way we grabbed two contracts, dispersed and reassembled.
[url=https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706473.msg747918#msg747918]The Entirely True Legends of Velan Volandis[/url]

Halfbrood

Sometimes you sign up for quests and don't go on them but still get the payout, works both ways. I know this happened quite recently for you Egon, don't see the Suggestion post about that though ha ha ha...

Having said that, we do want to look at how to remove people etc. but at the moment it will stay as it is not out of lack of desire, but just because we have limited available resource to make changes of this nature.

Egon the Monkey

Yeah, good point. In that case I turned it in to *avoid* this happening, give me a faster chance to redo it, and just found someone who had gone and gave them the money. There's no suggestion, because that one didn't annoy me and was easily resolved. It's a good job I didn't abandon that when the party split up, or I'd have cost them the chance to do the quest. So thanks, because that's a good example of the same thing happening twice with different outcomes.