Give fighters and maybe rangers 10% DI

Started by Damien, October 02, 2024, 08:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Given we've entered a new world of high ab monsters, with many of them having like 15-25 ab, playing a fighter vs barb, who have better di and hp or fencer who have better dmg, ac and evasion, it would be great to give fighters a little love.

Therefore suggesting 10% di to pure fighters, just to cut a bit of the sting from all the damage.

Draugir

I feel like it's a little sad to just make the fighter more like the barbarian, in order compensate for barbarian currently being very powerful - according to what some people have been telling me.

With that said, it might be the correct path to take since I can't come up with other things than DI, perhaps DR but that is also a very powerful thing and both things seem to be more barbarian, than fighter-specific. With fighter's identity being based on feats, perhaps it just needs some fighter-only feats available that grant the things you suggest, or perhaps feats that grant more AC. Even though it ironically is already pretty feat starved, with some feats being a must like weapon specialization and cleave.

Fighter has two things that barbarians don't - feats and access to heavy armor. Perhaps it is also time to make some more powerful heavy armor available making them only useable by fighters.