Letter to the Priory of the Sibylline Vine

Started by NeedForGreed, October 18, 2024, 09:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedForGreed

QuoteTo Sister Selsi, Sister Amelie, Acolyte Narwen, and the Priory of the Sibylline Vine,

I write to follow up on my conversation with Sister Selsi and Acolyte Narwen last evening. As some of you know, I have long believed that ensuring Ephia's Well is prepared against potential disease and plague outbreaks is vital. The time for preparation is always 'yesterday,' not today, not when an outbreak occurs. As Palatial Physician, I must ensure this preparation occurs.

It has been brought to my attention that if the recently infected Willow had entered town, it could have led to a disaster. There is no greater example of why preparation outside of a cure is necessary. Our cooperation is crucial to ensuring that the Well's healers are prepared, in sync, and able to mitigate potential outbreaks as much as possible. Thank you for your time and help, and please reach out to me if you need any help from myself.

For this reason, I request detailed and comprehensive documentation from the Priory regarding the Blood Plague and to keep our communications open for other potential plagues or diseases. I understand this is a great deal to ask.

I want to express my respect and gratitude for the Priory's miraculous work against the Blood Plague. Your experiences and expertise are invaluable resources for Ephia's Well, and I am grateful for Sister Selsi's insights thus far.

I request the following information:

1. Observed symptoms and disease progression.
2. Strains, if applicable, or changes in the Plague's behavior over time.
3. Observed disease vectors.
4. Proven protective measures for healers.
5. Any other crucial information, warnings, etc.

I understand some of this will be moderately redundant on our conversation last night, but other topics were not yet covered. And with a plague of such danger, I would rather be safe than sorry.

Again, please contact me if there is anything I can do to assist your work in this matter. I would like to see a certain amount of protective equipment for any healers tending to the Well's public health, such as plague masks and medical supplies. I imagine the Priory is well-stocked, but as I work on the Well's government stocks, please let me know if you would like assistance with your supplies.

I am asking for your time and effort in providing me this information, I recognize. Know that my time and effort will similarly be shared with you in the case of an outbreak.

May the Mercystar shine gently on you,