[A sealed letter for Aubrey]

Started by cmenden, September 04, 2024, 02:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

Dear Aubrey,

We seem to have our work cut out for us this election. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many in your organization wish to elect the Dog Nadiri, a man so distasteful we threw him out of our institution of learning.

He is simultaneously a sinister lycanthrope cannibal but also a greedy servant of the Banda Rossa who despises both Balladeers and Priory. Whatever issues the Grandmaster had with Gloomdeath, the Dog Nadiri has a thousandfold.

I am concerned by reports I have heard from members of our League that Aeronwy and her Students are going to coup for the Dog Nadiri.

I implore you to do whatever is in your power to prevent this.

If any Balladeers or Students possess a soul, they will live to regret empowering this man.

To do so out of fear, pragmatism, or for some petty reward is extremely myopic.

I remain, as ever, extremely fond of you and your rhetorical skill. I was able to secure a unified League of White behind Ahmet. Now let us win this final hand.

Regards,
Estellise

Pandip

Estellise,

I will be candid on the field as it currently stands.

The elements within the Balladeers who sincerely believe that the Gold League can be drawn towards more earnestly populous ends are stalwart in their votes. Whether they are members of the Balladeers or merely allies in purpose, they will levy their votes towards Dante and work within the Gold League. I am disinclined from striking them from the roster given this reality; it will affect nothing positively and blunt our ability to impact their efforts in the future. In this matter, I find pragmatism a worthwhile pursuit.

There have also been an outpouring of rumors about Ahmet that I have not had the opportunity to waylay or undermine. It is difficult to navigate the truth of these things. Whether he is an unworthy candidate undriven by any real goals or aspirations save for power; whether he has lied a thousand too many times and failed to demonstrate himself as an honest actor; whether he is actually a believer of the tenets of the White League or merely a cipher for the sake of garnering a seat. The difference in our schedules makes it nigh impossible to validate these issues as hearsay. Asherias, as well, has been difficult to meet with to gauge these matters.

However, the impact of Fiordelise's departure from the League of White and dutiful support of Dante cannot be underestimated in this election. Regardless of the fact that the elements within our league who sought to ostracize her were a boisterous minority - and presently absent from matters of politics to clean up their mess! - perspective has shifted drastically these last several weeks. It does not help that the surfeit of Modini newly marked as Voiced, combined with the enormous base of the Gold League, has put us at a disadvantaged initial state.

Even more infuriating is the Purple League and Janissary's reticence to support the White League in full. There is a widespread distaste for Ahmet as a replacement to Dante. People believe that it is more worthwhile to leverage their position and get something out of the supposedly "sure thing" that is Dante than sacrifice their standing with the Gold League to support a White League whose tenets they do not support and whose candidate they do not trust.

I do not know if there is time to shift this sentiment. Regardless of that worry, I continue as ever to thrust power into the hands of the person most capable of securing dignity and safety for the People, even if my prescient past predictions are repeatedly ignored.

Truth in Action,

    -- Aubrey Domergue
       Lyrist of the Lost Hearth
       

cmenden

Dear Aubrey,

Whatever you do, do not trust Fiordelise.

She is not what she appears to be.

Regards,
Estellise

Pandip

Estellise,

Why is everyone so doggedly insistent in besmirching this woman's efforts?

The more you push her away, the more she will earnestly believe that she does not have a place or purpose in helping the People.

    -- Aubrey Domergue
       Lyrist of the Lost Hearth
       

cmenden

Dear Aubrey,

You were not present when she let her mask drop.

Nor have you been tracking her machinations day to day.

All I ask is that you exercise caution and take nothing she says at face value without confirmation.

Regards,
Estellise

Pandip

Estellise,

I realized amidst the late hours that I do miss these rousing little conversations of ours.

It is always heartening to have a fond friend to lean on.
                even if your methods are often strange

    -- Aubrey

       

cmenden

Dear Aubrey,

I was somewhat concerned I had gone too far, so I am relieved that I did not.

I enjoy our conversations immensely.

Regards,
Estellise