[A sealed letter for Legate Gloomdeath]

Started by cmenden, July 25, 2024, 01:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

Dear Legate,

As you have pulled your petition, I offer you once more what I stated in the Pyramid.

Descent below Layer 2 is permitted to you under the following conditions:

Each expedition will...

1) Be reported in advance to the Tower
2) Include at least one Nadiri, Apothar, or Zenithar
3) Include only those also pre-approved to Descent

There is an obvious convenience in descending with an Apothar as they can approve all present immediately.

Nadiri-accompanied expeditions are somewhat less convenient but permitted to afford flexibility to those who might prefer a particular Nadiri to any of our Apothars.

If these rules seem cumbersome, then I am free to explain their necessity any time, but in short they exist to ensure the following:

1) All trips and what occurs during them are known to the Tower, State, and Janissaries
2) Any items acquired during these trips are reported (as well as whose hands they end up in)
3) No disasters will be unleashed by untrustworthy groups (typically Roses or Torchbearers) who will "fail" to report the responsible individual(s) to the Janissaries

It is ultimately about the exchange of information and to cut through the veil of secrecy that has existed this far.

Regards,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

Ziya

Dear Apothar Azimi,

Grateful for your letter, and the terms are reasonable.

I shall likely liaise with Apothar Zol Nur in planning expeditions below Layer 2, but that is largely more because of timing and interest.

If you are aware of any other Apothar (or Nadiri) that may be interested in joint expeditions below Layer 2, do please feel free to let me know.

Warmest regards,
Legate Balstan Gloamingdaith
Professor of the Sandstone College