A letter delivered to Argent's office

Started by Qari, July 01, 2024, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qari

Dear Legate,

As discussed, this is the current wording of the law:

Quote from: EspionageEspionage: A person found guilty of doing or conspiring to conduct espionage on Ephia's Well has committed Espionage. Espionage includes but is not limited to acts of loitering in restricted locations without permission, intentionally eavesdropping on the Legates, scrying on the Accord Signatories or Legates, or sharing restricted information with those Ephia's Well is at war with without authorization. Minor to Capital.

Minor: Loitering in restricted locations without permission despite being told to leave, such as the Legate's hallway or the Divan of War.
Serious: Intentionally eavesdropping on the Legates' doors; or scrying the Accord Signatories or Legates.
Capital: Intentionally sharing restricted information with those Ephia's Well is at war with to deliberately do harm to Ephia's well

I would see it changed to ;

Quote from: Espionage, RevisedEspionage: A person found guilty of doing or conspiring to conduct espionage on Ephia's Well has committed Espionage. Espionage includes but is not limited to acts of loitering in restricted locations without permission, intentionally eavesdropping on the Legates, or sharing restricted information with those Ephia's Well is at war with without authorization. Minor to Capital.

Minor: Loitering in restricted locations without permission despite being told to leave, such as the Legate's hallway or the Divan of War.
Serious: Intentionally eavesdropping on the Legates' doors;
Capital: Intentionally sharing restricted information with those Ephia's Well is at war with to deliberately do harm to Ephia's well

The wording of scrying is problematic, and constitutes a crime that cannot be proven. Your intent is to stand above the accord, is it not?  A law which marks you as equals is ill suiting to this goal, and deprives you of valuable information.

-From one Legate to Another.

big metal rod

This is received and promptly put to pen again...

Dear Qari,

Very good.  I can find no fault with the adjustment.  I'll see what can be done, as swift as it can be.

-From Foe to Friend and back Again (Again)
Argent

Qari

Dear Legate,

I can only assume that there was an error in transcription. Perhaps the scribes have a new "Martin" I have not yet met?

My price remains firm, and the law revised upon the stele does not match what was proposed.

A few words are a trifling thing, yet they can bear a great weight upon the future's path.

-Qari

Qari

Dear Legate,

I accept the revision of the law as payment in full, with the removal of the mentioning of scrying.

The other leagues are in disarray at present.  The Gold appears to be the only one without a challenge in the primary.

It remains to be seen if the Banda have fully accepted your offer.  A great many have joined the leagues of late, but very few have ascended as voiced.  If the Banda has shifted from "Undecided" to "Gold", the election is yours.   The only peril you face is if the "Marcellian minimum" of either the white or the purple decide to band together and pool their votes into just one league.

-Qari

big metal rod

Qari,

Good to have you back on the winning side.

Recluta Danebluff and the Vanguard want entirely too much money for their signatures in a primary that should, by all rights, be a clean sweep. 

They expect me to pay them the price of a Voice, more or less.  This is an egregious waste.

I am working to settle the matter.

-Argent

Qari

Dear Argent,

Respectfully, They are of the Gold league.  The "winning team" is only the winning team if they too profit in being on it. If you expected votes and signature for nothing?

You ought have sought this seat by running in the white league if that was your wish.

My price is paid, with my business of scrying now unimpeded. Reputation within the Gold comes from expenditure. If you wish to keep the respect, obedience, and loyalty of the league?  I advise you not to try and avoid paying the price they ask.  As with all things, negotiation is possible. This is our way. To haggle, and profit.

-Qari.

Qari

Dear Legate

The message has been passed on.

They desire the sum of forty five thousand, in addition to and separate of, the upcoming allotment.  Whether this comes from the outlined course of action or not, you may discuss further with them after you have completed your discussions with the other parties.

-Qari