Miro Lac Du Manse

Started by Qari, June 28, 2024, 04:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qari

Dear Writer,

I write to you with context and correction, regarding your words written in "The People's History of Ephia's Well."

Several passages are inaccurate, and I lament that you did not seek me out while performing your research.

"The Inquisition seemed to, however, serve as something of a counterweight to the swirling mass of dark arts accumulating around the League of Gold"

On Salvatore :   This man was servant of Djinn. The court of water and light, specifically. During one such trip to his oasis, he attempted to drown Cosine Mevura at the behest of the voices he was beholden to. The Djinn whispering in his ear, at all hours of the night.

It is an affront to the Mother B'aara that he is described as one faithful to her, and that Aurelio had erected a statue to this man without heeding my words that he was deceived.

"and it happened that Colmes and many Janissary officers enjoined themselves to the League of Gold upon her victory"

In truth, this shift had nothing to do with Sephidra and everything to do with the stopping of Gers Geiger. So reprehensible was this man that even Loyal men of the Legion would pledge themselves to the Gold to stop him.

"While, according to Stern, Legate Alriyh regarded the project as a necessary evil, Legate Saenus was more hesitant to approve the project, and indeed was joined in this by Apothars Mevura and Azimi. It was only with the continued insistence of Apothar Stern that Saenus, eventually, relented in his objections. When asked for her rationale, Stern stated plainly that it was her belief that with the failures in preparation for the war, Project Ao was necessary if victory and, she believed, the salvation of the Caravan was to be achieved."

This part is patently untrue. My support was in favor of Cosine Mevura's plan. His desire was to use the Baublium to craft a potent magical explosive device. Once Mae explained the truth of the entity she had brooked with to call it closer to the disc, it was made clear by both Marcellus and I that it should not be used.   Nor was it authorized for use, prior to the Battle of the Red Hill.  Marcellus made this decision in the heat of the battle itself.

She also gravely misrepresents this incident, in that she had sighted the meteor in question long in advance, and her development of the "gravity device" known as "Ao" was for the sole purpose of bringing this entity to the disc.

"One must remark on the situation Ephia's Well found itself in, then. The Well was bankrupt, ruined by lavish spending, embezzlement, foreign policy blunders. Its Legates were unable or unwilling to increase taxes on the eve of war. Its government unable to make the sacrifices, such as the execution of a Groknak, necessary to prevail."

While Marcellus' heeding of a lone Stonefolk's objection was puzzling in regards to the Groknak, so too was his desire to treat with the orcs at all.

The correction to be made here, is that the Citadel was far from bankrupt at this time. The treasury sat at a respectable eighty thousand just prior to the battle of the Red Hill. Some thirty thousand was set in reserve for the aftermath of the battle, and twenty two thousand was alloted to the repair of the shade pylons and cleaning effort of the Plaza.

The treasury swelled at the influx of new voices during my election. Approximately sixteen new voices were raised, and several properties were purchased at that time.

-Qari Alriyh,
Legate of the League of Gold
Scholar of Baz'eel

Erudiche

Legate Alriyh,

It was unfortunate that our schedules did not more often coincide. It was my wish to interview you during our research, but I fear your mercantile, academic, and political activities consumed much of your focus, as they certainly did mine.

I will happily correct the record, of course, regarding the Red Star. With regards to the state of the treasury, the Well was bankrupt on the day of Marcellus' raising to Legate, and preceding the influx of funds circling the election. Eighty-thousand dinar does not, as evidenced by the outcome of the battle, represent a satisfactory preparation for war. The record is simply not favorable to the waging of Marcellus' War, and no specificities of accounting, I confess, will change that. I will, however, be sure to recall in Act V the wise decision of setting aside funds for the aftermath of the battle.

Regarding Salvatore -- this is certainly a dramatic claim, Legate, and before destroying the legacy of a man honored in my very own Krak des Roses I would wish to see the claim definitively substantiated. If they may not be, I will number accusations of Brookery in the text as one of the many which has been levied towards di Ravioci.

Finally, with regards to the Legion's participation in the League of Gold primary, an amendment can be made.

I thank you humbly for enriching the historical record,
Miro Lac-du-Manse,
Acolyte of the Sibylline Vine
Redemption! Redemption!