[To Sister Selsi]

Started by Ziya, June 20, 2024, 02:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziya

Dear Selsi,

It appears that I am not the only one to be gifted with a grim dilemma.

I am prepared to see signed as deed a gift of land in the new District for your Chapterhouse. In this, you know that I am good for the dinar. For months, you and I have ever worked reliably together, and as you have not failed me, so have I not failed you.

I assure you, however, that you will not so reliably obtain the certitude of a Chapterhouse from Arymathras or Marcellus. The former, a pawn of the Astronomers, would promise anything and lie frivolously to deny your Sisterhood any greater influence. The latter, I do not think I need explain further.

Thus, your first option, is to guarantee my election with your vote, and guarantee your Chapterhouse. This may upset the Grandmaster, but I imagine that her dissatisfaction will pass.

Alternatively, one of my electoral rivals may triumph, and you may find your Chapterhouse ever elusive. I suspect that your Grandmaster's satisfaction would be a very hollow thing against that.

I will not deny that the Grandmaster's ire was a surprise that blindsided me. I suspect that it blindsided you, as well, for all your learned divinations. Indeed, I suspect that I am the first candidate in an election to have been denounced by a faction leader, be it the Grandmaster, the Bey, or Q'tolip. In this, I can only find some measure of pride, in knowing that I have warranted such. However, I have no intentions of forswearing my friends amongst the Cinquefoil, and in this, you have my solemn guarantee. In time, I can only trust that victory in this war and the eventual end of Conscription would restore some measure of gentle forgiveness from the Grandmaster for what sins and wrongs I may have done in this ugly war.

Nevertheless, let us be candid. The Grandmaster's ire does not truly change the political landscape of Ephia's Well. Her ire, one way or another, did not complete the District. Her ire, one way or another, did not actually stop Conscription from happening. Her ire, one way or another, did not prevent my Legal Reforms. Her ire, one way or another, will not magically conjure for you your Chapterhouse. I can. I will.

So, I bade you, court with being a little mischievous this Tabbah and let us build a wonderful future ahead. As ever, you will find my door open if you wish to discuss this.

Live and drink,
Balstan Gloamingdaith