Logbook of Amound al-Dok

Started by johanmaxon, December 25, 2023, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanmaxon

[A thick leather tome, containing the personal writings of scribe Amound al-Dok]

Adar 24th, IY 7787

Arrival
I have reached the Ephia's Well after a long journey of the caravan across wastes and desert, from my posting at the refugee offices at Baz'eel. Truth be told, I do not know if this is a promotion, or if I have been just stowed away further yet from the Palace. Perhaps a bit of both, too slow to run the Palace Halls, but deserving of something more than a mere outposting. Never the less, the Ephia's Well seems to have a grave need of scribes, things seems to be out of order.

My personal belongings had arrived, but was handled by some young scribe named "Martin", apparently the son of the Chief Scribe. They were thus sent back to Baz'eel and I can now expect them to arrive again in... Six months and twelve days. Dreadful.

Other than that, I have been introduced to my post by Deputy Chief Scribe Aaisa al-Samar, a quick witted ashfolk. She seems to run a tight ship, perhaps they are indeed just understaffed.

I had a brief run in with Legate Marcellus Saenus, I look forward to get to know him better and this applied way of "Asterbadian Principles" on which this city is run. Who knows if it will work out in the end?

I hope my brother can find solace and peace here.

[Signed with a flourish]
Amound al-Dok