Employment Contract Sent to Jerrod Felch

Started by thegn, December 16, 2023, 03:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegn

[An envelope arrives somehow, by way of courier, to the hands of Jerrod Felch. Upon opening it, the recipient is blasted with an intense aroma of all manners of fragrances...]

Adar 16th, IY 7787

Jerrod Felch,

Please find, within this envelope, the employment contract with which I wish to continue our professional relationship, as your conduct as a news reporter was most satisfactory to me. Sign it then return it to me, so that you may officially become a member of the most illustrious al-Hamdan Herald, and my count yourself amongst my retinue of skilled workers.

- Grand Strategist, Poet-Extraordinaire, Swashbuckling Bravo, Known Philanthropist, Baz'eeli Debonair, News Mogul, Tourism Magnate, Purple League Patriot, Vizier of Ephia's Well,
   The Most Esteemed Hamdan al-Hamdan

Employment Contract
[close]

Blue41

Hamdan Al-Hamdan,

I haven't been to Ephia's Well for very long, but even I know that selling my vote for 250 dinar a week is an insult. And considering you paid me 300 for the first submission before getting yourself this fancy new position-- I don't think this is going to work out.

JF

thegn

[A reply quickly arrives...]

Adar 17th, IY 7787

Jerrod Felch,

I understand you were offended at the salary. Perhaps you misunderstood me. I intended to give very rapid promotions and many bonuses. However- you know your worth and you want it on paper. Very well! Then how about 400 dinar weekly? A good salary, more than most Janissaries or Reclutas, I'll wager.

Do note, however, that though we charge for advertisements, the newspaper is ultimately a non-profit, as it costs a measly two dinar a copy; one for the paper and the other for the ink. Believe it or not, my fancy new position is mostly work. I do not get paid more than a scribe, as I am a civil servant.

If you dislike the condition regarding voting, then I presume you intended fully to vote White. That doesn't matter, I won't try to buy your vote as perhaps many others would (you'll find, even in the White League!). We can strike that condition out, and you can do as you please when it comes to the ballots.

I await your response. If you agree to these conditions, then I will send you an adjusted edition of the contract.

- Grand Strategist, Poet-Extraordinaire, Swashbuckling Bravo, Known Philanthropist, Baz'eeli Debonair, News Mogul, Tourism Magnate, Purple League Patriot, Vizier of Ephia's Well,

Blue41

Hamdan Al-Hamdan,

I did some thinking on the matter, and you're part of the problem. You and Cassella and Domnhall, tied together in some filthy union of 'political necessity.' I'm not interested in serving as your mouthpiece. One last story, though, as a parting gift.

Ricario Cassella paid twenty-thousand dinar to secure his position under Domnhall. He offered the same deal to Sephidra's lot, but they refused (not out of principle, I'm sure, but because they already had their stooges lined up.) Twenty-thousand dinar for the privilege to tell Janissaries which poor bastards to search and which to release-- not to mention, which ones get killed. Now he's masquerading as a White and getting himself in position for the next election-- which Domnhall pushed to come sooner than later by trying to shove Saenus out the door.

How much did you pay for your privilege? Does it sting to know he's got the inside track on you?

JF

thegn

[A reply soon arrives...]

Adar 20th, IY 7787

Jerrod Felch,

What an insolent reply!!! I offer you employ, I offer you a HIGH salary, and you call me a problem?!

I didn't pay a single DINAR for anything I got. I worked for it, and I have over twenty signatures for my position as Vizier. You can think me a liar, so come and take a look at my bag full of signatures. You'll be surprised, I'd assume, as it's not what you expect of me, I surmise!! Not what you expect, you ingrate! It's not all glory, no, some of us HAVE to make this sacrifice working in the Pyramid. Something you likely never thought of!

All the candidates offered me this position, all of them knew I was fit for it. You don't believe me?! I have the proof. The Martyrs know full well that it's writ in the annals, and it'll remain that way, from life to death! The thought that Domhnall and I are in an alliance is outrageous. His values are contradictory to my own, yet we cooperate in governance because we MUST. It is DUTY. Do you know what that word means?!

That's a fascinating story, however, and I'll be sure to use it. You are a talented, insolent, rude, and base reporter, but a good one. If your idealism runs dry on you, you'll still have a job in the Herald. I am both MAGNANIMOUS and MERCIFUL after all.