Clarissant of Llancarfan

Started by Fleshwit, September 13, 2024, 06:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleshwit

People called me insane for this array.

But it worked exceptionally well when I learned to finally learned how to actually play EFU (since Pirouette Manners and Mote were both backliners that I played... only barely competently. I guess they were good at what they focused on but little else)

I do think it contributed to people thinking Clarissant got hit a lot more than she did, though. But with both Divine Might and Divine Shield, and the help of Naelin she could reach +9 to +11 dodge ac + divine damage depending on exact circumstances. With the 'usual buffs' and going with Naelin, who could cast a Splendor that stacked with potion and casters splendors, she could easily hit 42 AC if she really wanted to, and hold it for a full minute. Once I got the hang of that and learnt when to use potions better, and got a good stock of supplies, I started hardly ever dying and survived nightmares like the meteor expedition.

Anyway. Clarissant wound up hating most everyone and could not bear to see Naelin and Sephidra go without her, as they were the two people she had come to love and appreciate most. She felt most of her relevance came from them and that without them she would not be much of anything, and thus she left the Well behind.

Funnily, out of the many people she cared for who did pass away, like Alejandro, the one who hit her the hardest was Atticus, despite having known him far less in terms of time spent together. But, well. She liked his demeanour, and they once spent a couple evenings talking about genre fiction and romance novels. And they went through hell and high water together, Clarissant dragging him kicking and screaming back to level 8 a mere four hours before the meteor expedition, which is probably the only reason both survived! (she had also needed to regain 8, but had done so like two days beforehand, but still dragged Atticus through entire boards of quests to do so, as they had done all week)

Multiple times, they both nearly fugued on this lengthy trial. Once, they both got ambushed by a small group of troglodytes and one of their braves, completely unbuffed and Atticus and Clarissant took turns being KO'd by sneak attacks and healing the other until Clarissant managed to lay on hands herself and divine shield'd long enough to lay on hands Atticus as well.

Before and during this trial they had also duo'd the monolith caves many times, and I still fondly recall the first time they ever did this, when Clarissant was still relatviely new, Atticus being put in negatives and telling Clarissant to run and leave him, but no, Clarissant fought off a whole mob and the big lizards and saved him from fuguing.

I wish the two of them had got to spend even more time together. But I am happy with what they got.

She also greatly enjoyed her friendship with Bashir, which started out very awkwardly for Bashir, I think being a bit wary of her odd quirks and ideals, but over time they did become a natural pair of friends, I think.

Her relationship with Jamileh was a lot more complex. At times she was greatly fond of her, at times she came to resent her, though she always thought of her as someone that meant well, ultimately.

She also had an interesting 'friendships' with all three of Mae, Cosine and the 'Estelloids'. Cosine's was such that his death was both sad and a relief at the same time. She kept the Purple Royal Favour he gave her in her hair forever, though.

and the gnomes

GNOMES

Also Bashir's couch that was wedged immovably into the wall really was evil. The DM forced me to detect evil and then forced me to smite it and then emoted I tripped. And then when I was about to repair it, the DM reminded me aiding evil was against my code, so I had to get a new couch altogether!!! I had to pay for that!! Why are couches so expensive!!

crestfallen

leal

Hide

[close]

she was alright even if she did have an anime portrait

thank you for sticking it out with us until the end

Fleshwit

Quote from: crestfallen on September 13, 2024, 10:27:02 AMshe was alright even if she did have an anime portrait

She had a non anime portrait too, for months and months!

Hide

[close]

cmenden

Clarissant didn't need to go, she's not even an elf!

But anyways.... I've enjoyed all your PCs and she was so exception!

Thanks for all the fun times together!

Pandip

the swag of the door knight will be missed

Moonlighter

she'll always be the door knight to me

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi

I enjoyed all our interactions, including some that for spoiler reasons I can't post here. PM me on Discord if you want screenshots for your archive!

Don Nadie

Glad she got a satisfying and cool ending! Thanks for all the adventures - Clarissant was a great knight to go explore with! <3

LoveLess