Home > Screen Shots

Rinaldo Montezzi

Just some screenshots from the life of a fun character. I definitely missed many, many, many, MANY opportunities to take more.

Thanks to everyone.

I wanted to play a blackguard. It was unbelievably difficult to get the prestige class. I was sitting on the level-up for weeks.

Full HP! An omen of good things to come.

Arrogance.

Fun camping trip, sealed away in the bowels of Dunwarren.

We fought a lot of dwarves.

More dwarf shots. Much respect to the Mithral Souls.

The Court was an amazing hub of activity.

This is all it took, to become Prince of Lower. Kind of.

This long dinner we had with Dentra was fun, and nicely foreshadowed much to come.

Waylon was amazing.

The shadow dragon!

The first of about 50 PCs/NPCs Rinaldo gave to his Lady in the Mirror (most were just subduals of course).

Just a shot of some people joining the faction. We had over 60 Pcs join overall I believe, many who didn't stick around but many who were really amazing.

GHYRRT, one of the key pillars of Rinaldo's power.

And Ghyrrt's army of monsters.

Goblin...lepers.

Lots of loot. Actually most of it was pretty worthless.

More people signing the book of oaths.

Semaj, the Spellguard traitor, and a big help during a rough time.

Lots of events in the Court room.

Just another person swearing in.

This was Rinaldo's sword, and favorite piece of loot.

This was from the quest to free the Mirror from its prison. Spoiler spoiler.

For everything he did for her, their relationship was not always smooth. Oh, and despite the rumors, she never did much for him. Also - I guess it's not a spoiler to say now that if anyone had bashed the mirror, Rinaldo would have died instantly.

Rinaldo had some dreams of what was going to kill him weeks in advance.

Defending the realm he built.

As much as I tried, I just couldn't cut it in the eyes of Dr Dragon.

I'd like to thank Gipster, for encouraging me to try a non-minion character.

I'd like to thank every player who joined the Montezzi faction.

I'd like to thank everyone who opposed us.

I'd like to thank the DMs.

I'd like to thank EfU, for being truly something special, to allow for this kind of experience. It is unique in the world.

EDIT Found a few more good ones.

The relationship between Rinaldo and his slightly younger brother Jacques was really neat.

They were twins, with Rinaldo born seconds before. Jacques was born with Rinaldo's umbilical cord twisted around his neck, making him something of a cripple.

^^ RINALDO MONTEZZI!

An amazing character and unbelievably chill player. I greatly enjoyed every moment of interaction that I got from him, either directly or indirectly and it saddens me that I didn't manage to pull off things so I'd get to interact with him more. Kudos to Charm, either way!

I'm looking forward to your next character!

Rinaldo was an incredible PC, and it was amazing to watch he and the faction you guys founded grow to what it is now. You have created, by far, the most successful PC faction to date. Congratulations!

Pretty savage, imo.

Too soon, too soon! I felt he would have been able to contribute to the story still, for quite some time to go. Then again, good characters always feel like they end too soon.

Also, the superior Rapier is quite common, xD

You'll have to try harder to impress Dr. D, good sir.

<3 Epic.

Sad to see him go

I think he should have just engraved it, to waste 1000 gold, just because he could. :)

Rinaldo literally ruled, managing to turn a Chaotic Good bard into a Neutral Evil Countess.

Montezzi is so far my favorite faction, though it is likely very much ended now. Shame, since progress was so great recently in terms of cleaning etc, most of the blood is gone for example.

I have eleven screens of my own, and even more if you bring Elizabeth into the spotlight, but I'll save those for her own thread.

Enjoy.

One of his more arrogant moments, from the same quest as the huge statue earlier.

Group picture!

The mirror...

Wicked...Seriously

We rule, Seekers suck.

Nasty nephew.

There was ALOT of Chosen

SERIOUSLY

The Chosen weren't always there.

And, honestly. Him dying sucks. :(

This throws a pretty enormous wrench into Sisco's plans to write that play.

My only regret is that Rinaldo had to die before I got a chance to RP with him more than once. That one time I did was really awesome, though (and not just because he gave me free junk).

You will be missed, Your Highness.

You and your crew should be placed in the EfU hall of fame! Very nicely done. You were the guy that Seekers loved to hate!

Domare

So, finally, the Blackguard dies.

I so wish I was logged on, would of been beautiful to have Danger giving Rinaldo a nice little chat in the Fugue.

*shurgs* Ah well, we'll see how the House Montezzi lasts.

Great work with Rinaldo, I especially enjoyed trying to find a way to defeat you playing Luke Danger.

And I KNEW the mirror was the key to defeating you! I KNEW IT!

Ah, next time someone has a blood-drinking mirror, I'm just going to flank and gut the thing. :D

So, one generation of Team Good and Team Evil gets beat. . . now, the next generation must rise.

And heck yeah, you guys deserve Hall of Fame for House Montezzi!

Simply amazing.

Awesomely well done. Further testament to this character is that with his death there will still be loads of hours of excellent RP as lower deals with his death and the power struggles start...

There are few, if any, character who can say that they left a bigger impact on the server.

i liked bein ur friend

A simply incredible character. You inspired so much story, fostered so much incredible RP.

Rinaldo was never less then amazing in his RP, and his accomplishments.

I nominate this man for DM-ness

Absolutely ridiculous character. You guys really showed what a PC faction is capable of. The bar has been set to a new high! :D

I have never enjoyed a challenge so much as the rivalry between our PCs. I truly regret not getting to have our characters square off, but I suppose that our little fight was not one for swords and shields.

Rinaldo will be missed by everyone, if not ICly, then certainly OOCly. Congratulations and thank you for treating us to such an amazing character and experience.

I nominate this man for DM-ness

No, You don't, because then he doesn't have anymore awesome RP things to do, but he has to listen to us whine about him to possess some NPC.

Awesome. Simply awesome. Probably the most influential PC this server has seen yet.

I wish I could have seen more and sticked around for the party!

Would have been a blast. -- Jacque had a finale that's really awesome :o~ ...

Simply an awe aspiring character, I've been involved in lots of plots to take over lower. All of them failing.

Thanks for showing us that it can be done and I await your new character.

Make a druid/nature character for druid faction!

Very awesome, as if my saying so is necessary. Everyone already knows.

Hooray! There's me in a few of those shots! I had a lot of fun, though since work has sucked up my free time my playtime has dwindled, so I regretfully missed a lot of that cool stuff in the shots there. I'm especially sad I missed the spider. Oh, well.

I loved interacting with both Montezzi brothers, and Rinaldo's creepy eyes always fascinated me. I always wondered if there was an awesome story behind that, but Snake was too polite and subservient to ask about it.

Rinaldo was evil, honorable, brutal, polite, merciful and ruthless all at once. A very multidimensional character possessed of the charisma needed to rally people to his banner, and then use them to slake his imperious ambitions. A consummate LE villain whose achievements speak for themselves. Sad to see him go, but glad to have been part of his era.

Top job!

Wow.Just wow

Well damn! I had a new char all set to become a spy against Montezzi, and another trying to avoid him personally while still attempting to report a mugger for some swift Evil Justice (tm). Wish I'd have got a bit more involved in the week I've been playing, and hope you can come up with another equally badassed concept some time.

Excellent! It ended too soon!

What have you got in store for us next?

i also wish to think rinaldo for knighting me as the grand killer of bears fo sho +1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1cxSE25ck

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0445.html

Replace Roy with Rinaldo, imo.

And Lich with Giant Mutant Spider

<3

Remember that time, when you took out the mirror to feed it in front of Thyona Crave? I had my mouse on the bash button..... waiting for the right moment..... and then I stopped myself. :P

petey512 Remember that time, when you took out the mirror to feed it in front of Thyona Crave? I had my mouse on the bash button..... waiting for the right moment..... and then I stopped myself. :P

You weren't the only one tempted to do that!

Caster13
petey512 Remember that time, when you took out the mirror to feed it in front of Thyona Crave? I had my mouse on the bash button..... waiting for the right moment..... and then I stopped myself. :P

You weren't the only one tempted to do that!

Was planning on doing that at the Mithirlsoul assault once we were POWs, but you took my Glowing Golden Longsword and didn't bring Danger in front of it, denying him that chance to stop Montezzi, though he'd probably get dropped as a result :(

Ah well, whats done is done. Still, I can't beleive how much of an effect that Rinaldo HAD on the server, we're going to be feeling the Montezzi rule for a LONG time

Just staring at the bash button, sweat forming on my brow, barely breathing, waiting for the right moment.....