Home > Screen Shots

The Church of Sune's First Grand Revel!

Or, just me showing off all the work I put into this.

The DMs are always saying in regards to applications and so on: "What goals do you have/what will you do to make the server more interesting with minimal DM involvement?"

This is one of my answers. Something as simple as a party, which should be fairly frequent in the FR setting apparently ("Grand Revel befalls each month and at least one Feast of Love is celebrated in every tenday"). What's in a party? Food, drinks, fancy things to look at, decorations.

I realized that a single PC without any DM help has access to all of these things (The only thing I asked the DMs for in the DM channel was maybe a response from the NPC populace)! Senestia's paintings and other signs, for example, I had "scribed", their descriptions were used to name the "scribed note" objects and people could then "look" at the paintings simply by mouse overing the dropped item. And thanks to the awesome herbalism system, I had enough flowers to decorate at least ten weddings.

Anyway. I'm horrible when it comes to remember to taking screenshots, but I still managed to get some! (The links to ImageShack scale down some of the screenshots, click on them to widen them and get a clearer view)

The centre piece of the revel, literally, was the bath which I had decorated with flowers and fragrant essences. Along the walls of the baths I had placed Senestia's paintings along with tables of foods and piles of books.

Here's an example of my "scribed note place-able". Eat! Drink! Be merry!

Another example of the place-able. Redbeard gets straight to the point of any party.

Oh o! Seems like Redbeard's going a little far with the booze! Senestia tries to get something else in his stomach. Also: some great improvised poetry comes from Merin's sweet lips!

Redbeard talks about how his life was saved.

And he shows off his "swashbuckler's strike". He's starting become quite the life of the party!

He really, really, really likes that "swashbuckler's strike"...

The Sentinel begins his story. Redbeard has too much vodka.

The Sentinel's story seems to have attracted a bit of a crowd!

The crowd gets even larger as they gather around to listen to Ferret's tale.

Another nice, wide angle shot.

Anyhow. Those last two pics shows the peak of the number of people that showed up for the Revel. I'm sure it would've been much higher if the server didn't crash ;)

Thanks for all who came!

Nice, very nice. I wish I could have attended.

Excellent work and well done on doing it all too.

It was fun!

Someone had to be the partys Drunk!

Ilike the one about Redbeard's tale because your forgot to block out the contents of the tell which were CURRENTLY ABOVE YOUR HEAD.

:P

But it was fun.

Sorrry i missed it AI i really wanted to be there both ic or ooc but it was not to be.

Just like Kyle Fox's beard was not meant to be.

You didn't include my story but capped my newbish typo. :|

Cruzel Ilike the one about Redbeard's tale because your forgot to block out the contents of the tell which were CURRENTLY ABOVE YOUR HEAD.

Yeah... I forgot about that <_<

Dagam You didn't include my story but capped my newbish typo. :|

Sorry, I was too distracted by Petey :(