Home > Screen Shots

Shane

So, Shane's story finally comes to an end as he helps to expel the goblins from Sanctuary forever (at least that's what he hoped. Stupid ghosts).

Throughout Shane's long career, I took lots of screenies that I planned to make an incredible sendoff thread with. To everyone's disappointment, however, my hard drive was recently wiped, so I have -very- few. Try not to weep too much.

Here's a recent one I found interesting.

I hope Shane will always be remembered like this: Standing firm against evil in his fancy purple armor.

Anyways, Shane was certainly fun to play, thanks to many people, who I won't name. My favorite moments with him always involved some of Efu's more memorable villians. The conversations with Tobias Breen, Maalgor, Meldren, and Baldev Cole were alot of fun.

Shane got to be involved, in at least some way, in many of the happenings on Efu during his time. Shane's fall from grace, and his subsequent rise, were especially fun and added what I felt was alot to his character.

If I was going to give some advice to paladin players, I'd just say to treat struggles with your alignment and personal code as an IC personal fight, instead of an OOC obstacle. I don't think any paladin will be perfect, and struggling with the code makes for alot of fun.

And thanks to the DMs!

First Laramie, now Shane. :(

Paladins rocking out 4ever.

Peace out, Shane. From the first time he said "Hey guys, I'm Shane," to the last time he uttered "The Light will never fail," he was immense.

Rock on, fishinpenguin.

Mmgh.

Well dammit, that's like 4 paladin perma's now :( I really liked Shane, I'll miss him!

Always fun to RP with i remember when Kyle had to tell him that Illiana was dead that was a sad conversation. Well done mate.

Where has Shane been?! I haven't seen him in ages. I saw him in the Fugue during the goblin evacuation, but otherwise I hadn't seen him in weeks! Shane always had the time to talk to my incredibly evil chars, whether he realized or not. Shane even had the guts to lock himself in a room w/ my Moanderite Korath, knowing damn well that I was gonna screw the city. Poor Shane thought he was gonna find a cure for Korath's sores (if you don't know of Korath's sores, he caused many OOC vomits...).

Fantastic job, mate! Can't wait for your next!

Laramie and Shane are dead because Philip's gone. He's on strike. For... some reason I haven't figured out yet.

Anyways. Shane was fun to play around as Philip(I'd say as any other characters, but I didn't really have the chance ;)), influenced him a bunch. I can't believe you didn't mention that time where Shane and cie kicked Lolth's lesser Aspect's butts.

I had a great time playing with Shane... as Lemli, Tane, and Fryar.

Each of my characters had a very distinct relationship with him, and I think that's a testament to how well you played him.

Had fun as Thorain playing with you during that one fateful encounter. :)

Fireplace memories.

Mmgh.

Mmgh!!!

I remember the first time I met Shane.

Iria was talking with a friend, asking "Who can help me become a better paladin?"

The friend looked around, saw Shane, and said, "You want to be like Shane... oh, wait, he is a fallen paladin.. bad idea...."

Then my friend saw Fryar, and pointed to him, "Try to be like this guy here, Julian Fryar..."

Iria went up and talked to Fryar, and waited. The friend said in a tell, "Oh, wait-- he is AFK-- don't be like that either...."

Hee hee!

Great character, mate! Keep up the great role play! ^_^

The first time I ever met Shane he sold a fullplate to a false flame cultist. :(

Rock on.

HyperVision The first time I ever met Shane he sold a fullplate to a false flame cultist. :(

Rock on.

LOLZ

The only time I ever really got to roleplay with Shane was with Gibbon, when they both sat the Council. I've got to say, he was one of the best paladin's I've seen in my time on NWN, for the simple virtue that he was able to get my character to seriously consider his faith (if only for a moment). The encounter is documented for posterity in the Quotes thread.

Shane was pretty rockin', though.

:cry: Shane... if is wasn't for Shane, I likely wouldn't have been able to turn my evil character neutral. Thanks for trusting Castle, and bringing him food while he was in hiding. Shane ROCKED!!!

-UnholyWon

Shane....I didn't know him well, though My Now dead bard planned to kill him eventually...as long as with all the paladins.

I wish we could have been friends.

Shane was a really fun char to interact with.

Plenty of good memories about all of our encounters, would have liked to give you that Pyrimo fight :) - See you fight One on One, and be on the verge of defeat until Lathander bless you and you kill me in one hit :D.

Alas you had to fight my clone instead ;)