Home > Screen Shots

*Spoiler*

Quote of the day Strife : [Tell] this is the lowest wisdom thing I think I have ever done.

After but an 8-day career, Ansirus Magoun of the Companions of the One True Vision was sent to the not-so-happy guarding grounds.

Yesterday, the Spellguard got the brilliant idea of hunting down a would-be alhoon, and Ansirus, along with a load of other people, got the slightly more brilliant idea of helping them. Fair enough.

After roughly 90 minutes of hectic, lagtastic undead kickassery, and several "Euggggh!s" and "[Maons]," we reached the laboratory of Tchorakakzt the Aspiring, complete with a floating head (obviously that of a once powerful mage) and a bloated imp who presented itself as solicitor Greedntz of House Siditz, both of whom had been imprisoned. The imp requested we free it in exchange of information on how to overcome the illithid and its companion, an offer our beloved Executor Strife took it up on after a few moments of "I'm superior to you because of my fancy dress."

Greedntz then proceded to tell us that Tchorakakzt could be beaten by magic or weapon, but that its companion, a powerful undead brain devourer, would make the fight beyond nigh-impossible. He then offered to perform a ritual that would destroy the companion, and all he needed was the still beating heart of one who exemplified virtue and sacrifice.

After Strife had driven off two of our partymembers with a potential solution to the problem of the imp needing a heart to perform the ritual, Ansirus realized the seriousness of the threat (which, with a main fighter gone, had just become worse).

Neat visual effects:

After all this, Ansirus found himself summoned to a nether plane where Greedntz performed a bit of cosmetic surgery on him, and equipped him for an upcoming battle.

Finally, Ansirus was teleported to the inner sanctum to face off against, and destroy, Tchorakakzt the Aspiring, much to the delight of the two lonely Spellguards already there. Level 4 Improved Expertise fighters for the win!

As for Ansirus himself, this is what became of him:

I would like to thank, in no particular order, the players of Strife, Lance, Chloe, Tiziano, Megara, Kelkara, and Milo (who sadly lucked out on the best part) for an awesome session last night, as well as Howland and wcsherry for the extra, highly unexpected awesome they threw in, and, of course, anybody else I've been playing with for the last 8 days. Good fun!

A truly awesome epic, heroic and generally amazing ending to a character, was extremely fun to saw out your heart. We should do it again, sometime!

<3

*applause*

Why does this never happen to me?

[quote="Thomas_Not_very_wise"]Why does this never happen to me?

'Cos no one like you :)

That's oughta be the best thing that ever happened to a low level Helmite. If I'd say "Well deserved", would you get me wrong? Probably!

>_>

I lost my sechzi full plate. :(

My minor rod of wonder summoned an hostile rat to fight the spellguards. That's all I have to say regarding the fight.

Awesome.

I guess that makes two things I have to say about the event.

Very well done all , makes you wonder what helm's stance is on all this :)

Either way he's still a guardian, he's just an infernal one now :D

chaosprism ... he's just an infernal one now :D
But he's still lawful neutral! That's what matters most. :P

Yeah the alignment of "bound" creatures or of Thralls that arent in control of themselves (no free will) is a question isnt it, do they know what they're doing , can they stop doing something they dont want to? Are they internally tortured by their inability? Do they come to enjoy it? come to hate it? Are they unchanged.

That is definitely an awesome end to a Helmite. I'm jealous. :)